Outlook and iPhone Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

biscuittx

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Using Outlook 2016 and and iPhoneX/ iTunes. Email is an IMAP setup and I have local data files where I save my emails/ contacts. My issue is that my iPhone which is set up on IMAP as well only syncs the one default calendar in Outlook (Email Data Folder). i wont sync the additional IMAP email address calendar. My problem is that when i receive calendar invitations it goes to the IMAP email address and as such wont sync with my iPhone. I cant make that IMAP email address the default because then the iPhone wont sunc with the right calendar. Is there a way to add the IMAP calendar to the list of calendars for iTunes or a way to default the incoming calendar invitations to the default Email Data Folder? Thank you.

1. Go to “Settings” and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” to add an account;
  2. Choose Microsoft Exchange;
  3. Leave the “Domain” box empty. Enter the email, username and password.
  4. Tap “Next”.
  5. Choose the data you want to synchronize.

I don't have that option within iPhone settings. Do you mean "Passwords and Accounts" (if so the only option after selecting Exchange is the email address and a description)? and I'm trying to have either iTunes recognize that additional calendar or changing where the calendar invitations are saved once accepted. thx

If you are using an IMAP account, you can't set it up as an Exchange account.

My issue is that my iPhone which is set up on IMAP as well only syncs the one default calendar in Outlook (Email Data Folder). i wont sync the additional IMAP email address calendar. My problem is that when i receive calendar invitations it goes to the IMAP email address and as such wont sync with my iPhone. I cant make that IMAP email address the default because then the iPhone wont sunc with the right calendar. Is there a way to add the IMAP calendar to the list of calendars for iTunes or a way to default the incoming calendar invitations to the default Email Data Folder?
ITunes (and icloud) only sync with the calendar in the default data file. It sounds like the imap data file was set as default at some point and the calendar was created in it. If you remove the calendar, it will use the one in the default data file.

Try this - after making sure anything on the imap's this computer only folders is moved to the folders in the data file you are syncing - close outlook, go to %localappdata%\microsoft\outlook - rename the account's data file. Restart Outlook and wait for it to sync.

If the ost file is huge and you don't want to resync, you can us mfcmapi to delete the 'this computer only' folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
V Sync Outlook contacts with iPhone Using Outlook 4
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
B iPhone Calendar will not sync with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
K outlook calendar wont sync iphone 4 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2013 calendar won't sync with iphone 4s Using Outlook 14
V Sync Outlook 2003 calendar to iPhone 4 Using Outlook 2
V Sync outlook with iphone after adding exchange mail account Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
M Sync Outlook 2010 Notes and Journal with iPhone 4 Using Outlook 1
K Is it possible to sync IPhone to BCM Outlook contact, calendars ... all data? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
GregS Outlook 2016 iPhone won't download Outlook 2016 Mail. Using Outlook 0
S Outlook.com birthdays show up 1 day late on iPhone contacts list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
P Synching Outlook 2013 Notes with iPhone 8 Using Outlook 1
A Folders in Outlook and Folders on iPhone 6 Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2016 - Mail Not Syncing With iPhone Outlook App Using Outlook 1
L Synching Office 365 contacts to Iphone MS Outlook client Using Outlook 5
M Google Apps Mail *SENT* from iPhone doesn't download to Outlook via POP3 Using Outlook 1
A iPhone Contacts in Outlook won't File As First, Last Using Outlook 0
I Outlook Contacts and Calenders not syncing between PC, IPhone, and Windows 8.1 tablet Using Outlook 3
S Best method to use Outlook Standalone with iPhone Using Outlook 13
Diane Poremsky Transfer POP3 Mail on an iPhone to Outlook Using Outlook 7
T Syncing iPhone w/Outlook Using Outlook 1
X Problem Transferring Subset of Outlook 2013 Contacts to iPad/iPhone Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2010 - email correspondence only showing up fully on an IPhone. Using Outlook 1
B Timed events created in iPhone auto-change to All Day events in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 has stopped sinking with my iPhone and iPad Using Outlook 1
S Problem syncing mail from a POP3 account in Outlook 2013 to iphone 5 Using Outlook 1
M MS Outlook contacts with iPhone Using Outlook 4
P dialing from my iphone 5 using outlook address book ??? Using Outlook 1
S outlook and iphone 5 Using Outlook 1
V Setting up windows 7 & outlook 2007 w/ Iphone 4 & synch contacts & calendar Using Outlook 9
S Help needed - syncing outlook emails with iphone 4s Using Outlook 4
V Outlook Calendar No Reminders Show up but does on iPhone Using Outlook 0
D iPhone Alerts Don't Show Up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
V Outlook Calendar No Reminders Show up but does on iPhone Using Outlook 2
A Adding Work Calendar to my iPhone 4S from Outlook 2010 and vice a versa. Using Outlook 5
J How-to setup Outlook 2010, Windows 7-32bit, iPhone (so they work and play tog. Using Outlook 3
C Outlook - icloud - iphone Using Outlook 12
K transfer iphone contacts to microsoft outlook on computer Using Outlook 4
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0