outlook 2007 error when searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwray

Hello

I am using Outlook 2007 under 64 bit Windows 7. I am getting an event ID 3036 error --

The content source <mapi://{S-1-5-21-1051428487-1331732968-1587721750-1001}/> cannot be accessed. -- in the event log whenever I use the search function in Outlook. I haven't been able to find anything useful on google using that message as search criteria. I'm hoping to find an answer on this forum so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Since I didn't receive any answers when I first posted this question last October and the issue is still occuring and I have had no success in solving it I thought I would ask again...after all, if the outlook experts that habituate this forum can't help, who can?

The actual event log wording is:

The content source <mapi://{S-1-5-21-2387074209-591707793-2558018877-1001}/> cannot be accessed.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:

A server error occurred. Check that the server is available. (HRESULT : 0x80041206) (0x80041206)

I have rebuilt the index several times and have completely reloaded my system from scratch a couple of tmes since October and Win7 is now at SP1 but as you can see it doesn't make any difference. A quick trip own google lane indicates I am not alone with this problem but like me, those posters have not been able to get a resolution either.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Sorry, i never saw this when it was originally posted. What item type is found? Are you using the social connector? I have similar code when search finds items downloaded by linkedin's social provider.

Sorry, i never saw this when it was originally posted. What item type is found? Are you using the social connector? I have similar code when search finds items downloaded by linkedin's social provider.

Thanks for responding

If I am using the Outlook search function all it ever finds are email messages located in the PST file.

I just have a simple single POP3 email account set up and as far as I know am not using a "social connector"...how do I check for that?

I don't use any kind of instant messaging or social networking application such as facebook or twitter.

The social connector is an addin for outlook 2007 and adds a pane under the reading pane or at the bottom of open items. It's definitely something you would have had to install.

did you rebuild the search index? Do this from control panel, Indexing options.

The social connector is an addin for outlook 2007 and adds a pane under the reading pane or at the bottom of open items. It's definitely something you would have had to install.

did you rebuild the search index? Do this from control panel, Indexing options.

I did rebuild the index, in fact several times over the past few months. The really odd thing is that it is so inconsistent...I can search and get no errors and later I can search again and do get errors and I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary that I can see.

I definitely do not have the social connector installed.

thanks

Your problem was in searching google :) It seems that lately tech-based search return awful results, totally unrelated to the problem. It was so bad that I switched to bing - which (shockingly!) is amazingly better at finding the things i am searching for. :D

Anyway - what type of account in your profile? Have you seen http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930010? (I'd try the Vista fix with win7.)

BTW, i used this as my search term: <mapi://{S-1-5-21 }/> cannot be accessed 3036

Your problem was in searching google :) It seems that lately tech-based search return awful results, totally unrelated to the problem. It was so bad that I switched to bing - which (shockingly!) is amazingly better at finding the things i am searching for. :D

Anyway - what type of account in your profile? Have you seen http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930010? (I'd try the Vista fix with win7.)

BTW, i used this as my search term: <mapi://{S-1-5-21 }/> cannot be accessed 3036

Yeah, I have been getting a few misgivings with google's results of late what with all of the irrelevant answers and "advertising" hits mixed in with the good information. I'll go through Bing's results and see what falls out.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.