Office365 Conference Room name change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellhart User

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
We are running Office 365. We have the conference rooms set as resources. Senior management want to change the display names and email addresses. How will this affect existing recurring meetings in those rooms? I have tried to make the change, but in the O365 admin interface shows me that the account does not have the ability to add a secondary email address as it doesn't have an Exchange Online license. Any ideas? Thanks.

it shouldn't affect existing meetings on the calendar or in other mailboxes in the server - the name/address will update.

You used to be able to add additional addresses to resource mailboxes- let me check... it still works here - i added the bluesuv address. You need to do it from the exchange portal, not from the main admin portal.

edit-resource.png

I was able to follow your example and change the name and email address without issue. Thanks. One major thing - if a admin assistant opens her calendar view and has added the resource to her "rooms: view, she cannot open the recurring events that were created in the old name. Any ideas on how I can extend permissions or allow the old meetings to be opened and viewed?

Actually - with a bit more testing of other conference rooms, it appears as if the "Room" is working as designed. After a manual address book download, she can see it in the GAL. Thanks a ton - Diane

Made the change over the weekend - now the recurring meetings still have the old room name. Meeting organizers will have to manually change the resource to get the new name to show up. Is that correct?

Now management wants a powershell script to update the conference room for each person. Anyone know how to write that cmdlet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2016 and Earlier with Office365 in 2021 Using Outlook 3
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Transition Office365 Home Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
S Empty an Office365 public folder containing 20.000 messages Using Outlook 2
GoofyDK Office365 and meeting ressources Using Outlook 2
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
P What Are Alternatives for New Email Client After Office365 Using Outlook 8
A Outlook.com migrating to Office365, contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky New Office365 Feature: URL Preview in OWA Using Outlook 0
M office365 causing mouse lag? Exchange Server Administration 4
B conference rooms, accept agent, resources Exchange Server Administration 5
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Close a Meeting When the Room is Full Using Outlook 0
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
S Meeting room booking report Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Not enough room in Favorites Using Outlook 1
R Room Finder not appearing Using Outlook 2
F Room Mailbox Reply Exchange Server Administration 0
L Room mailboxes and delegates Exchange Server Administration 1
P Viewing Meeting Organizer on room Mailbox Using Outlook 1
R Creating a Room Mailbox with Exchange Online Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Room mailbox and replies Exchange Server Administration 0
F Can I create a form associated with Room List Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Mr Mayor Room Finder...GONE?? Using Outlook 6
s7evie combine 24 meeting room calendars in to 1 single list Using Outlook 2
D Setting defult "Show a room list" Using Outlook 0
Britonius Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions Using Outlook 8
M Room Reservation request showed "None" in Tracking-View Tracking Status. Exchange Server Administration 0
J outlook problem it allow to book meeting room at the same day & time Using Outlook 0
B Multi Room (10) Calandar Using Outlook 1
B Sorting suggested times in room finder Using Outlook 1
J meeting room mailboxes Using Outlook 1
B Scheduling a Meeting Resource (Room) with a conflict doesn't indicate any conflict on users calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Room Finder Using Outlook 4
T Get FreeBusy information for a Room/resource Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1