When I say it is not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsepower

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 for Mac
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Sorry for a vague title, but everything else I tried was rejected. In Outlook for Mac and Outlook for iPhone, when I mark something "not junk" for several months, I expect the sender to be recognized but that does not happen?

This is an outlook.com account? It sounds like the address is not being added to the safe sender list. Log into Outlook on the web and check the safe list in Outlook.com's Settings (gear icon) > View all Outlook settings > Junk Email. Was the address added to the list?

I don't know about the phone, but some versions of Outlook on mac won't update the blocked/safe lists.

Thank you for the reply. I am convinced that both Outlook on iMac and Outlook on iPhone do not update the lists. Maybe hopefully in future. I guess it's an Outlook.com issue because I have 5 emails in there (1-Gmail, 1-hotmail, 2-live, 1-MSN)

I haven't checked on my iPhone - because I never mark mail as junk on it - so you are probably correct. It uses a protocol similar to what the mac version uses. Gmail is added to the outlook apps (both ios and mac) as a "Microsoft Cloud" account - which is basically an outlook.com account with some backend magic so Gmail calendar & contacts sync. If you add the account as imap, blocked lists should be stored locally on the mac.

OK For some reason I cannot post my NEW question here but here goes. For the last week, when starting my iMac I get "you are not logged into Exchange" It had been working fine but now when I add a contact it doesn't sync. If I add it on the iMac (16.56.2112.1100) it stays only there. If I add it on the iPhone (4.2148.2) the same thing. I went into gmail and it is allowing Microsoft.

Is mail syncing ok? This is for an Outlook.com or Office 365 account? If it is a gmail (or icloud, yahoo) account, it sounds like it is added as a Microsoft cloud account, which allows calendar & contacts to sync. Remove the account and add it back.

Do you have the new Outlook switch on?

What happens when you try to post a new question?

Yes Outlook switch is on, but has been for 9 months and it worked fine in the past.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 5.51.17 AM.png

What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? POP, IMAP, Outlook.com, or Microsoft Exchange?

on the error-
I'm assuming you had text in the message field, not just in the subject, correct? If so, it appears there is an issue with the message field in your browser.
What browser are you using?

All of them say "Microsoft sync technology" 1 Gmail, and 4 (Live,Hotmail,MSN)

Yes I tried rephrasing several times, and even tried irrelevant.

This is what it says when it comes out of sleep, and I have tried logging in, creating the account etc to no avail.
Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 6.31.59 AM.png

So now after 2 days and inputting the contact on my iPhone, it showed up on the iMac (in Outlook contacts)
Edit: and it works instantly both ways as it did before

And now for some reason I added appointments on Outlook on the iMac and they don't show on the iPhone calendar which is supposed to be synced with the live main calendar. For clarification: the is the calendar icon on iPhone which is NOT the calendar tab in Outlook for iPhone. So strange.

Probably talking to myself here, but I did find that somewhere in the Mac/iOS system the native calendar and contact system has a deep dive hidden place where the password is stored. I believe that also causes the message I sometimes get that says "please enter the password for the exchange account xxxx"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back