Wow, much neater, thank you. Have subscribed to alerts for the vba element of this site, hope to be able to help someone else out one day. This was the first "brick wall" I've hit, so thanks again.
Currently having fun with read receipts not being mail items, but seem to be working through...
Michael - thanks so much - got there in the end as follows (probably a bit of unnecessary code in here but it worked...) :
In essence, with my database split, I can update my table 'Email Keywords' and trigger an update to the Outlook Rule from Access without having to go into the code and edit...
Also worth noting - if I change the way the string is put together to the following:
Keywords = ""
Do While Not rs1.EOF
Keywords = Keywords & Chr(39) & rs1![Keyword] & Chr(39) & " or "
Keywords = Left(Keywords, Len(Keywords) - 4) '...
Keywords is a concatenation of text values from a table, I have tried defining it as a Variant and as a String and get exactly the same error referred to above.
In both cases (Variant and String) its value is precisely "Dog", "Cat", "Horse" (including the quotation marks).
Hi there, first post :)
I am trying to set up Outlook mail rules to move incoming mails into a folder based on certain keywords in the subject line.
The rules are being created in Access and passed across to Outlook - all works fine but I would like to be able to control the words to be...