Short version of the problem - I left my computer running with Outlook 2010 active. Returned to find that the computer had crashed. Restarted to the Blue Screen of Death, ran BIOS diagnostics found corrupted memory addresses. Replaced RAM. Booted up fine however had numerous software issues...
Thank you for your suggestion - it worked almost perfectly!
The only trouble that remains is that Outlook is not syncronizing all the folders with Outlook.com. Namely, the Sent Items folder does not update any messages sent from the webserver, only the ones sent from Outlook itself. I...
Is anyone else having trouble adding the new @Outlook.com email accounts to Outlook?
I'm running Outlook 2010 Pro on a Win7 Pro platform.
I attempt to add the new @Outlook email account via File>Account Settings>Email>New.
Outlook cannot connect to the Outlook.com server with either an...
Tried as you suggested - removing the categories, saving the Event and then quickly doing a sync.
The category was gone for awhile, then returned.
It's strange that they don't support sync of Categories (for Contacts, or Events) and Contact Photos from PC based...
I'm running Outlook 2010 (on a Win7 Pro (32 bit) platform) with my Calendar items stored on my Live ID Hotmail Calendar webspace.
When I edit an Event and remove a category from the Event and then save it - the removed category is originally gone, but then reappears.
I have gone onto the...
My partner & I both run our own copies of Outlook 2010 (32 bit) on Win7 Pro platforms with separate Live Accounts.
No exchange server, just two free-standing computers.
I have read (although have yet to attempt) how two separate Live Accounts can share Calendars where both Account users...
What I know as old behaviour is:
1. Discrepancies between the databases (Outlook & Live),
2. The failure of Outlook to file new contacts (coming from the WPhone, via Live) with others sharing the same Web Page Name while viewing in Web Page View.
What I'm not sure is that the...
I am seeing this as well - but for whatever reason, it doesn't fix the issue on Outlook's side - the new contact from the Wphone still gets grouped into having 'None' within website view, even though the Webpage field (both personal and business) are populated.
With regard to the discrepancies in the two datasets (Live and Outlook), I have noticed the following, ever since I went Live with my Contacts:
In the past - I have logged into Live and checked the Live Contacts against the Outlook Contacts.
The total number of Contacts...
Haven't found another 'frozen' contact - it must have been disrupted when I lost G3 signal during a sync - just a guess.
Really wish they would create a way cross-validate the two databases. It would certainly make you feel more confident that what was on one, was on the other...
Sorry, last thought - regarding the first issue:
One of the updates to that frozen Contact may have occurred while Outlook was connected via a cellular data connection, not ADSL.
I don't know if that should matter, but it is unusual for me not to be connected through a hard-line.
As an update for the second issue:
If I open the Contact in Outlook (filed under 'None' in Web Page View) and modify the Web Page Address listed, then when I 'Save & Close' the Contact is then filed properly, with the other Contacts which share the same Web Page Name.
Thanks for your help.
After the trouble that Connector was having several months ago - I make it a habit to populate every contact with a real or dummy web page name.
I posted a more thorough analysis on Microsoft Answers - please see link below:
Having Recent Contact Sync...
Has anyone else noticed an error in the synchronization of Contacts between Windows Live and Outlook 2010?
Just noticed that changes being made in past couple of days to my Contacts on my Windows Phone (7.5) and on Outlook aren't flowing through Live to the other devices & services.
As an update - Gabriel Bratton replied to one of my threads on this issue with:
The Outlook and Hotmail teams have identified the bug that is causing Contacts not to sync. The workaround is to populate a URL in the "Web page address:" field for the Contact. The Product Team is working on a...
Thanks for the update Diane.
Thanks as well for the work-around. It works well, once you get in the habit, so that's great.
If you hear that the Server side is fixed - please give us a posting, so we can stop doing this workaround.
Diane, thank you for your update - and thank goodness that someone there is working on a fix!
I really like the Outlook / Live / Windows Phone 7 platform - I believe it's the best platform for actually getting work done while in the field - and I was dreading having to switch to the world of...