Re: Outlook Connector (v12.0.4518.1068) can’t synchronize with OL

  • Thread starter sparkyprebs
  • Start date Views 942
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparkyprebs



"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Sorry, but how am I wrong in my reply to the original poster?
> In my reply I was asking for a follow up question and made a reasonable
> assumption based on the information provided. Nothing in your reply either
> confirms or disproves that assumption; you posted your own issue with
> different variables to the OP.
>
> Since your post didn't include sufficient configuration information to work
> with other that "I'm using 1 Live Mail account" and "it doesn't work" it's
> hard to suggest a specific fix to you. See Diane's reply for generic causes
> of Outlook Connector issues.
>
> >

>

>

>

>
>

>

>
> --->
> "Charley" <Charley> wrote in message
> news:D3A2084C-C831-457F-8E8A-213620BFC8DA@microsoft.com...
> > MVP, you are wrong here. I have a single live email configured in outlook
> > using the connector and it has NEVER worked more that a full day before it
> > disables ITSELF because of sync issues. Microsoft has dropped the ball on
> > this so called connector. They should have called it dis-connector. What
> > fry;s my bacon is the fact that no matter what error it logs, there is no
> > hint of a real fix, except to remove the account and reinstall it. Hello?
> > What a joke.
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> If you create a mail profile with only 1 Live Hotmail account, does it
> >> work
> >> correctly then?
> >> With 5 accounts configured, I think you're killing the Connector.
> >>
> >> > >>

> >>

> >>

> >>

> >>
> >>

> >>

> >>
> >> ---> >>
> >> "akita" <akita> wrote in message
> >> news:6FDDE849-95B1-42A0-B894-C2A13182FF16@microsoft.com...
> >> > MS Vista – OL 2007 SP1 – Outlook Connector (v12.0.4518.1068) – and:
> >> > 4 free hotmail accounts (all MAPI)
> >> > 1 free live account (MAPI)
> >> >
> >> > Doesn't look like this combination is working.
> >> >
> >> > In fact, I'd like to argue that Outlook Connector remains a rather
> >> > unproven
> >> > puppy to be treated with a great deal of suspicion; which, really, is a
> >> > shame. Like many other users, I welcomed the idea of a MS plug-in for
> >> > OL
> >> > to
> >> > read, send, access & synchronize hotmail accounts.
> >> >
> >> > Unfortunately this seems to remain a rather elusive goal for MS to
> >> > realise
> >> > fully and reliably.
> >> >
> >> > Besides the above Vista based combination, I also have installed on
> >> > another
> >> > machine XP-SP2 Pro with OL 2003 SP3 and the same Connector version as
> >> > above.
> >> >
> >> > On both machines I have problems receiving / synchronizing new mail
> >> > from
> >> > any
> >> > of my five accounts. Oddly enough, most (but not all) mail that has
> >> > been
> >> > shunted to the junk mail folder does arrive in OL.
> >> >
> >> > And yes, as far as I can tell, all synchronising options have been
> >> > activated.
> >> >
> >> > Rarely does OL receive new mail sitting in my inboxes.
> >> >
> >> > Two of the hotmail accounts don't synchronize at all with either OL
> >> > version
> >> > (using Outlook Connector).
> >> >
> >> > The one live account, plus the other two hotmail accounts usually
> >> > synchronise – but not always and never fully.
> >> >
> >> > The one bright side is that at least I can use OL to reliably send
> >> > mail.
> >> >
> >> > Incidentally, I did try the free Windows Live Desktop progy, but found
> >> > synchronization issues with that one as well – albeit on a much lower
> >> > scale.
> >> > However, I do prefer using OL as my email client. Besides, Windows Live
> >> > Desktop is no longer available for download as a stand-alone product,
> >> > as
> >> > one
> >> > can now only download it using a combined package installer. Granted, I
> >> > can
> >> > uncheck the stuff I don't need, but it's still annoying to be forced
> >> > using
> >> > an
> >> > installer of sorts when it would be so much more convenient to offer
> >> > the
> >> > public a direct download link. I guess only the folks who invented such
> >> > idiosyncrasies will ever understand that particular logic.
> >> >
> >> > Anyway, if someone here has found a reliable and working solution to
> >> > get
> >> > OL
> >> > with the latest Outlook Connector version to reliably synchronize with
> >> > MAPI
> >> > hotmail / live accounts, I'd love to hear how it's to be done.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks to all in advance.
> >>

>

Hi
so is there an answer to this question of how to get connector to work
properly. I too find the ms support useless and am teed off that all my saved
mail is no longer available through outlook.
cheers in advance

 
S

SRB

Hi.

Ever since MS stopped supporting DAV, my Entourage client on Mac is useless
as it doesnt download any folders besides the inbox. on Outlook on Vista,
the connector doesnt work. and seems like this problem has persisted ever
since OC was shipped. shame on MSFT for not being able to make their own
products work. I moved to Mac over 3 years ago and I was thinking about
moving back to curse of windows for outlook. But given the state of affairs
from this thread, seems like this damn company still cant get their crappy
products work. And I was a MS employee, a MS biggot and a MS champion for
years. Hate MS and Outlook.

switching over to something better if I cant get this problem resolved.

"sparkyprebs" wrote:

>
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but how am I wrong in my reply to the original poster?
> > In my reply I was asking for a follow up question and made a reasonable
> > assumption based on the information provided. Nothing in your reply either
> > confirms or disproves that assumption; you posted your own issue with
> > different variables to the OP.
> >
> > Since your post didn't include sufficient configuration information to work
> > with other that "I'm using 1 Live Mail account" and "it doesn't work" it's
> > hard to suggest a specific fix to you. See Diane's reply for generic causes
> > of Outlook Connector issues.
> >
> > > >

> >

> >

> >

> >
> >

> >

> >
> > ---> >
> > "Charley" <Charley> wrote in message
> > news:D3A2084C-C831-457F-8E8A-213620BFC8DA@microsoft.com...
> > > MVP, you are wrong here. I have a single live email configured in outlook
> > > using the connector and it has NEVER worked more that a full day before it
> > > disables ITSELF because of sync issues. Microsoft has dropped the ball on
> > > this so called connector. They should have called it dis-connector. What
> > > fry;s my bacon is the fact that no matter what error it logs, there is no
> > > hint of a real fix, except to remove the account and reinstall it. Hello?
> > > What a joke.
> > >
> > > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> > >
> > >> If you create a mail profile with only 1 Live Hotmail account, does it
> > >> work
> > >> correctly then?
> > >> With 5 accounts configured, I think you're killing the Connector.
> > >>
> > >> > > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>

> > >>
> > >>

> > >>

> > >>
> > >> ---> > >>
> > >> "akita" <akita> wrote in message
> > >> news:6FDDE849-95B1-42A0-B894-C2A13182FF16@microsoft.com...
> > >> > MS Vista – OL 2007 SP1 – Outlook Connector (v12.0.4518.1068) – and:
> > >> > 4 free hotmail accounts (all MAPI)
> > >> > 1 free live account (MAPI)
> > >> >
> > >> > Doesn't look like this combination is working.
> > >> >
> > >> > In fact, I'd like to argue that Outlook Connector remains a rather
> > >> > unproven
> > >> > puppy to be treated with a great deal of suspicion; which, really, is a
> > >> > shame. Like many other users, I welcomed the idea of a MS plug-in for
> > >> > OL
> > >> > to
> > >> > read, send, access & synchronize hotmail accounts.
> > >> >
> > >> > Unfortunately this seems to remain a rather elusive goal for MS to
> > >> > realise
> > >> > fully and reliably.
> > >> >
> > >> > Besides the above Vista based combination, I also have installed on
> > >> > another
> > >> > machine XP-SP2 Pro with OL 2003 SP3 and the same Connector version as
> > >> > above.
> > >> >
> > >> > On both machines I have problems receiving / synchronizing new mail
> > >> > from
> > >> > any
> > >> > of my five accounts. Oddly enough, most (but not all) mail that has
> > >> > been
> > >> > shunted to the junk mail folder does arrive in OL.
> > >> >
> > >> > And yes, as far as I can tell, all synchronising options have been
> > >> > activated.
> > >> >
> > >> > Rarely does OL receive new mail sitting in my inboxes.
> > >> >
> > >> > Two of the hotmail accounts don't synchronize at all with either OL
> > >> > version
> > >> > (using Outlook Connector).
> > >> >
> > >> > The one live account, plus the other two hotmail accounts usually
> > >> > synchronise – but not always and never fully.
> > >> >
> > >> > The one bright side is that at least I can use OL to reliably send
> > >> > mail.
> > >> >
> > >> > Incidentally, I did try the free Windows Live Desktop progy, but found
> > >> > synchronization issues with that one as well – albeit on a much lower
> > >> > scale.
> > >> > However, I do prefer using OL as my email client. Besides, Windows Live
> > >> > Desktop is no longer available for download as a stand-alone product,
> > >> > as
> > >> > one
> > >> > can now only download it using a combined package installer. Granted, I
> > >> > can
> > >> > uncheck the stuff I don't need, but it's still annoying to be forced
> > >> > using
> > >> > an
> > >> > installer of sorts when it would be so much more convenient to offer
> > >> > the
> > >> > public a direct download link. I guess only the folks who invented such
> > >> > idiosyncrasies will ever understand that particular logic.
> > >> >
> > >> > Anyway, if someone here has found a reliable and working solution to
> > >> > get
> > >> > OL
> > >> > with the latest Outlook Connector version to reliably synchronize with
> > >> > MAPI
> > >> > hotmail / live accounts, I'd love to hear how it's to be done.
> > >> >
> > >> > Thanks to all in advance.
> > >>

> >

> Hi
> so is there an answer to this question of how to get connector to work
> properly. I too find the ms support useless and am teed off that all my saved
> mail is no longer available through outlook.
> cheers in advance
>

 
M

Magie

Hi, Would this DAV your refering to cause Outlook (2003) reminders to crash?
I can't open Outlook at all. Message error is "Outlook has encounterd and
error and needs to close." The details include MAPI, typeinitalization
exceptions, nativemsproviderinit, and some other codes. I've tried
everything I know. Have gone to MS Knowledgebase. There are now some
debugging popups in other programs since this has happened 3 days ago.
Thanks for any information you could give me. (I dislike Outlook as well)
(Is there a way to save all my stored mail from Outlook?)

"SRB" wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Ever since MS stopped supporting DAV, my Entourage client on Mac is useless
> as it doesnt download any folders besides the inbox. on Outlook on Vista,
> the connector doesnt work. and seems like this problem has persisted ever
> since OC was shipped. shame on MSFT for not being able to make their own
> products work. I moved to Mac over 3 years ago and I was thinking about
> moving back to curse of windows for outlook. But given the state of affairs
> from this thread, seems like this damn company still cant get their crappy
> products work. And I was a MS employee, a MS biggot and a MS champion for
> years. Hate MS and Outlook.
>
> switching over to something better if I cant get this problem resolved.
>
> "sparkyprebs" wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, but how am I wrong in my reply to the original poster?
> > > In my reply I was asking for a follow up question and made a reasonable
> > > assumption based on the information provided. Nothing in your reply either
> > > confirms or disproves that assumption; you posted your own issue with
> > > different variables to the OP.
> > >
> > > Since your post didn't include sufficient configuration information to work
> > > with other that "I'm using 1 Live Mail account" and "it doesn't work" it's
> > > hard to suggest a specific fix to you. See Diane's reply for generic causes
> > > of Outlook Connector issues.
> > >
> > > > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >
> > >

> > >

> > >
> > > ---> > >
> > > "Charley" <Charley> wrote in message
> > > news:D3A2084C-C831-457F-8E8A-213620BFC8DA@microsoft.com...
> > > > MVP, you are wrong here. I have a single live email configured in outlook
> > > > using the connector and it has NEVER worked more that a full day before it
> > > > disables ITSELF because of sync issues. Microsoft has dropped the ball on
> > > > this so called connector. They should have called it dis-connector. What
> > > > fry;s my bacon is the fact that no matter what error it logs, there is no
> > > > hint of a real fix, except to remove the account and reinstall it. Hello?
> > > > What a joke.
> > > >
> > > > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> > > >
> > > >> If you create a mail profile with only 1 Live Hotmail account, does it
> > > >> work
> > > >> correctly then?
> > > >> With 5 accounts configured, I think you're killing the Connector.
> > > >>
> > > >> > > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>
> > > >>

> > > >>

> > > >>
> > > >> ---> > > >>
> > > >> "akita" <akita> wrote in message
> > > >> news:6FDDE849-95B1-42A0-B894-C2A13182FF16@microsoft.com...
> > > >> > MS Vista – OL 2007 SP1 – Outlook Connector (v12.0.4518.1068) – and:
> > > >> > 4 free hotmail accounts (all MAPI)
> > > >> > 1 free live account (MAPI)
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Doesn't look like this combination is working.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > In fact, I'd like to argue that Outlook Connector remains a rather
> > > >> > unproven
> > > >> > puppy to be treated with a great deal of suspicion; which, really, is a
> > > >> > shame. Like many other users, I welcomed the idea of a MS plug-in for
> > > >> > OL
> > > >> > to
> > > >> > read, send, access & synchronize hotmail accounts.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Unfortunately this seems to remain a rather elusive goal for MS to
> > > >> > realise
> > > >> > fully and reliably.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Besides the above Vista based combination, I also have installed on
> > > >> > another
> > > >> > machine XP-SP2 Pro with OL 2003 SP3 and the same Connector version as
> > > >> > above.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > On both machines I have problems receiving / synchronizing new mail
> > > >> > from
> > > >> > any
> > > >> > of my five accounts. Oddly enough, most (but not all) mail that has
> > > >> > been
> > > >> > shunted to the junk mail folder does arrive in OL.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > And yes, as far as I can tell, all synchronising options have been
> > > >> > activated.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Rarely does OL receive new mail sitting in my inboxes.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Two of the hotmail accounts don't synchronize at all with either OL
> > > >> > version
> > > >> > (using Outlook Connector).
> > > >> >
> > > >> > The one live account, plus the other two hotmail accounts usually
> > > >> > synchronise – but not always and never fully.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > The one bright side is that at least I can use OL to reliably send
> > > >> > mail.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Incidentally, I did try the free Windows Live Desktop progy, but found
> > > >> > synchronization issues with that one as well – albeit on a much lower
> > > >> > scale.
> > > >> > However, I do prefer using OL as my email client. Besides, Windows Live
> > > >> > Desktop is no longer available for download as a stand-alone product,
> > > >> > as
> > > >> > one
> > > >> > can now only download it using a combined package installer. Granted, I
> > > >> > can
> > > >> > uncheck the stuff I don't need, but it's still annoying to be forced
> > > >> > using
> > > >> > an
> > > >> > installer of sorts when it would be so much more convenient to offer
> > > >> > the
> > > >> > public a direct download link. I guess only the folks who invented such
> > > >> > idiosyncrasies will ever understand that particular logic.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Anyway, if someone here has found a reliable and working solution to
> > > >> > get
> > > >> > OL
> > > >> > with the latest Outlook Connector version to reliably synchronize with
> > > >> > MAPI
> > > >> > hotmail / live accounts, I'd love to hear how it's to be done.
> > > >> >
> > > >> > Thanks to all in advance.
> > > >>
> > >

> > Hi
> > so is there an answer to this question of how to get connector to work
> > properly. I too find the ms support useless and am teed off that all my saved
> > mail is no longer available through outlook.
> > cheers in advance
> >

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top