Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No, I don't want animation in my email

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Admin

Outlook does not play the animation in animated GIFs embedded in email. You need to open the message using View in Browser to see the animation.

jlamson1

It may be Text in your world. I prefer a world of color and animated graphics. I have several small ones that I used to send along in an email, but now that I don't get the same chuckles ... its not fun anymore.

My 2 cents!

--Jim :cool:

GlennH

It may be Text in your world. I prefer a world of color and animated graphics. I have several small ones that I used to send along in an email, but now that I don't get the same chuckles ... its not fun anymore.

My 2 cents!

--Jim :cool:

If email capabilities include graphics (they do), then the common formats should be fully supported, and animated gifs would qualify, IMO.

If an organization doesn't need pictures or formatting, I would think they wouldn't really need Exchange as there are much simpler systems out there.

trish2taz

Outlook does not play the animation in animated GIFs embedded in emal. You need to opn the message usin View in Browser to see th animation.

I totally agree with the others who would like to see animated gifs work in email. They used to work in MS Outlook 2003, so why change it. They have changed so many things going backwards, it amazes me!!! Why make it worse, make it better!

Forum Admin

I totally agree with the others who would like to see animated gifs work in email. They used to work in MS Outlook 2003, so why change it. They have changed so many things going backwards, it amazes me!!! Why make it worse, make it better!

The reason for the change because they switched to Word to render HTML and Word doesn't do animation, in part because you can't print animated gifs - word was primaily for printed docs in the early days, so no need for ani gif support. There are also security issues.

sanwin

The reason for the change because they switched to Word to render HTML and Word doesn't do animation, in part because you can't print animated gifs - word was primaily for printed docs in the early days, so no need for ani gif support. There are also security issues.

The most probable reason for the switch to Word is that the EU is forcing them to stop including IE in Windows. They used to render HTML email using IE.

Darth Andy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
I'm perfectly happy with getting pictures inline or as attachments, but would say no to animation.

Also, one of the most succesful spam filtering rules I've seen was blocking any message with a gif in it that doesn't come from a contact in your address book. (doesn't work in Outlook though, sorry)

assagai

Re: Support Animated GIFs and PNGs in Outlook

not only animated gif but also animated png should be supported

animated gif or png should be supported everywhere (tasks, e-mails etc)

especially they should be supported as “contact pictures”

Status
Not open for further replies.