Picking contacts from multiple users

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John

Hi

SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I need

to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and de-duplicate them

into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to achieve this?

Thanks

Regards
 
R

Roady [MVP]

You can import everything into an Excel or Access database and filter from

there, or copy everything into a new Contacts folder in Outlook and use a

duplicate remover tool.

See http://howto-outlook.com/tag/duplicate-removers

---
"John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message

news:OnTvzXUTKHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi

> SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I need
> to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and de-duplicate them
> into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to achieve this?

> Thanks

> Regards
>
 
J

John

Hi Roady

Thanks. Is there a way to import contacts from several users (outlook

mailboxes) from a centralised location? I just want to make it easy for end

users so they could do the procedure periodically without having to go from

pc to pc.

Thanks again.

Regards

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote in

message news:uKTyAMWTKHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> You can import everything into an Excel or Access database and filter from
> there, or copy everything into a new Contacts folder in Outlook and use a
> duplicate remover tool.
> See http://howto-outlook.com/tag/duplicate-removers

> >

> ---
> "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:OnTvzXUTKHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Hi
>

>> SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I
> > need to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and de-duplicate
> > them into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to achieve this?
>

>> Thanks
>

>> Regards
> >
 
R

Roady [MVP]

As you are using Exchange, users can set permissions on their Contacts

folder(s) so that other people can access those folders on their own PC

without disturbing the owners of those folders (once the permissions has

been set).

See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm

---
"John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message

news:uUBhk$XTKHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi Roady

> Thanks. Is there a way to import contacts from several users (outlook
> mailboxes) from a centralised location? I just want to make it easy for
> end users so they could do the procedure periodically without having to go
> from pc to pc.

> Thanks again.

> Regards

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:uKTyAMWTKHA.3392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > You can import everything into an Excel or Access database and filter
> > from there, or copy everything into a new Contacts folder in Outlook and
> > use a duplicate remover tool.
> > See http://howto-outlook.com/tag/duplicate-removers
>

>> > >

>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>> --->

>> "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:OnTvzXUTKHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >> Hi
> >
>>> SBS 2003/Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003/2007 clients. Periodically I
> >> need to extract contacts our of multiple users' contacts and
> >> de-duplicate them into a final list. What is the mechanism I can use to
> >> achieve this?
> >
>>> Thanks
> >
>>> Regards
> >>


>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Font Sizing in Custom Form Regions for Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook - hidden contacts? Using Outlook 2
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 Change how Outlook shows me contacts in emails Using Outlook 0
L Favorites for People/Contacts? Using Outlook 1
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
B oContacts.Items.Restrict Misses Some Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
F Moving Contacts to New Profile Using Outlook 0
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
D Outlook Contacts Notes Field Photos to Smartphone Using Outlook 0
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
L icloud contacts sync Using Outlook 4
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 10
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
GregS Exporting contacts Using Outlook 1
O Synchronising contacts Outlook 365 with Google v.v. Using Outlook 4
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
T Outlook Contacts ... Changing Font Size, Style, Bold, etc. Using Outlook 2
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
bhamberg Contacts in a category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
G Outlook 2016 sync contacts directly between phone and computer using outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
F Default font for notes in contacts Using Outlook 1
F How to create phone number as links in notes of Contacts Using Outlook 2
geoffnoakes Find Contacts with UDFs "in this item" Using Outlook 1
J OLADD.FAE Error When Exporting Contacts Using Outlook 6
T problems with Contacts Using Outlook 8
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E GAL Attributes to Contacts Using Outlook 0
L Merge two contacts folders Using Outlook 1
L How do you turn off Outlook contacts "hints" popup Using Outlook 2
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
L Wierd Office 365 Contact unable to edit body of random contacts Using Outlook 5
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
W Migrating Outlook 365 Contacts & Calendar Using Outlook 2

Similar threads

Top