changing the plain text format on received emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VEM4Mw

All of the plain text emails I receive have the paragraph settings of....

Indentation

Left: -0.25" Secial: By:

Right: 0" Hanging 0.25"

Spacing

Before: Auto

After: Auto

Where can I change the format for reading plain text messages to something

easier to read? I've looked everywhere.
 
Y

Y2gzMg

I spend several hours searching and experimenting for an answer to this

question. All I found were quotes from people equally dispondent and

desparate.

The critical change required for me is the praragraph spacing setting -

received plain-text emails show with huge white space between paragraphs

because of the "auto" setting. I played with dotm templates, searched the

registry for clues, but failed to find the place where this is controlled.

This is possibly my biggest gripe with Outlook 2007. PLEASE HELP!

"TC83" wrote:


> All of the plain text emails I receive have the paragraph settings of....
> Indentation
> Left: -0.25" Secial: By:
> Right: 0" Hanging 0.25"

> Spacing
> Before: Auto
> After: Auto

> Where can I change the format for reading plain text messages to something
> easier to read? I've looked everywhere.
>
 
Y

Y2gzMg

Any answer to the original question? How does one control the paragraph

formatting for READING plain text emails?

"ch32" wrote:


> I spent several hours searching and experimenting for an answer to this
> question. All I found were quotes from people equally dispondent and
> desparate.

> The critical change required for me is the praragraph spacing setting -
> received plain-text emails show with huge white space between paragraphs
> because of the "auto" setting. I played with dotm templates, searched the
> registry for clues, but failed to find the place where this is controlled.

> This is possibly my biggest gripe with Outlook 2007. PLEASE HELP!

> "TC83" wrote:
>
> > All of the plain text emails I receive have the paragraph settings of....
> > Indentation
> > Left: -0.25" Secial: By:
> > Right: 0" Hanging 0.25"
> > Spacing
> > Before: Auto
> > After: Auto
> > Where can I change the format for reading plain text messages to something
> > easier to read? I've looked everywhere.
> >
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"TC83" <TC83> wrote in message

news:4E0DFAFB-06AE-406B-958F-33A80262B68F@microsoft.com...


> All of the plain text emails I receive have the paragraph settings of....
> Indentation
> Left: -0.25" Secial: By:
> Right: 0" Hanging 0.25"

> Spacing
> Before: Auto
> After: Auto

> Where can I change the format for reading plain text messages to something
> easier to read? I've looked everywhere.


Which version of Outlook?

--
 
Y

Y2gzMg

Outlook 2007 (12.0), part of Office 2007 Professional Plus.

"Brian Tillman " wrote:


> "TC83" <TC83> wrote in message
> news:4E0DFAFB-06AE-406B-958F-33A80262B68F@microsoft.com...
>
> > All of the plain text emails I receive have the paragraph settings of....
> > Indentation
> > Left: -0.25" Secial: By:
> > Right: 0" Hanging 0.25"
> > Spacing
> > Before: Auto
> > After: Auto
> > Where can I change the format for reading plain text messages to something
> > easier to read? I've looked everywhere.


> Which version of Outlook?
> >

>
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"ch32" <ch32> wrote in message

news:A58A1391-8501-41C3-BAFE-A3A0443D174F@microsoft.com...


> Outlook 2007 (12.0), part of Office 2007 Professional Plus.


Modify the Word template used to display the e-mail message window.

--
 
Y

Y2gzMg

Hi Brian,

Please provide more tested details?

If you mean the "NormalEmail.dotm" file in C:\Documents and

Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, then, no, that has no

effect on the way plain-text messages are rendered.

The only impact on these plain-text messages is the option under

tools\options\mail format\Stationary and Fonts\Personal Stationary\Composing

and Reading plain text messages...

But that only controls the FONT and kerning, not the paragraph settings!!

There must be something else - I just don't know what it is!!

Thanks for your help....

"Brian Tillman " wrote:


> "ch32" <ch32> wrote in message
> news:A58A1391-8501-41C3-BAFE-A3A0443D174F@microsoft.com...
>
> > Outlook 2007 (12.0), part of Office 2007 Professional Plus.


> Modify the Word template used to display the e-mail message window.
> >

>
 
Y

Y2gzMg

Should I give up?

"Brian Tillman " wrote:


> "ch32" <ch32> wrote in message
> news:A58A1391-8501-41C3-BAFE-A3A0443D174F@microsoft.com...
>
> > Outlook 2007 (12.0), part of Office 2007 Professional Plus.


> Modify the Word template used to display the e-mail message window.
> >

>
 

Brian Tillman

Senior Member
"ch32" <ch32> wrote in message

news:D7EA677E-8CFD-4964-8261-DDD4F430263F@microsoft.com...


> Should I give up?


You shouldn't give up, but I can't help. Sorry.

--
 
U

Uncledeb

I am also having this problem...only it is on the owner's computer. The

settings are :

Left: -0" Secial: By:

Right: .14" First Line 11"

This is frustrating and I cannot get it to change. Surely someone knows how

to correct it.

"TC83" wrote:


> All of the plain text emails I receive have the paragraph settings of....
> Indentation
> Left: -0.25" Secial: By:
> Right: 0" Hanging 0.25"

> Spacing
> Before: Auto
> After: Auto

> Where can I change the format for reading plain text messages to something
> easier to read? I've looked everywhere.
>
 
U

Uncledeb

I had the same problem only much worse. (See below) I finally gave up and

contacted Microsoft Customer Service directly. It turned out to be a glitch

between AVG and Outlook. The tech said this is a known problem and used

remote assistance to fix it. The service was extremely nice and very

helpful. The problem has been resolved. Good luck!

"TC83" wrote:


> All of the plain text emails I receive have the paragraph settings of....
> Indentation
> Left: -0.25" Secial: By:
> Right: 0" Hanging 0.25"

> Spacing
> Before: Auto
> After: Auto

> Where can I change the format for reading plain text messages to something
> easier to read? I've looked everywhere.
>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top