• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

scanpst

  • Thread starter c29tZXRoaW5nIGZpc2h5
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

c29tZXRoaW5nIGZpc2h5

#1
Double-click Scanpst.exe, located at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft

Office\OFFICE12.

In the office12 folder there are only DLL files. scanpst.exe is nowhere to

be found.
 
G

Gordon

#2
"something fishy" <something fishy> wrote in

message news:06D67163-7907-4EAE-939B-53F295D9B292@microsoft.com...
> Double-click Scanpst.exe, located at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE12.

> In the office12 folder there are only DLL files. scanpst.exe is nowhere
> to
> be found.


There should be all sorts of stuff there other than dll files. Have you

changed the View on the folder? Tools-Folder Options-View

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
#3
something fishy wrote:
> Double-click Scanpst.exe, located at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE12.

> In the office12 folder there are only DLL files. scanpst.exe is nowhere to
> be found.


Look in \Program Files\Microsoft Office\System\MSMAP\1033

M
 
G

Gordon

#4
"M" <nospam@onthispuppy.invalid> wrote in message

news:gtc69h$gtk$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> something fishy wrote:
> > Double-click Scanpst.exe, located at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft
> > Office\OFFICE12. In the office12 folder there are only DLL files.
> > scanpst.exe is nowhere to be found.


> Look in \Program Files\Microsoft Office\System\MSMAP\1033

> M


No such folder here - Office 2007 on Vista Home Premium. Scanpst is in the

previously mentioned location...

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
C

c29tZXRoaW5nIGZpc2h5

#5
Thank you, I found 2 folders. scanpst and scanost. each has an icon that

looks like an envelope that is ripped in half. I double clicked to open one.

So far so good. My next step is to enter the file I want scanned. I don't

know what the file name is though. 'm thinking I need to do the entire mail

foler. Is there a default file name for email?

joe fish 1954

"something fishy" wrote:


> Double-click Scanpst.exe, located at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Office\OFFICE12.

> In the office12 folder there are only DLL files. scanpst.exe is nowhere to
> be found.
 
#6
Gordon wrote:
> "M" <nospam@onthispuppy.invalid> wrote in message
> news:gtc69h$gtk$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> > something fishy wrote:
> >> Double-click Scanpst.exe, located at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft
> >> Office\OFFICE12. In the office12 folder there are only DLL files.
> >> scanpst.exe is nowhere to be found.

>

>> Look in \Program Files\Microsoft Office\System\MSMAP\1033
>

>> M


> No such folder here - Office 2007 on Vista Home Premium. Scanpst is in
> the previously mentioned location...
>


I didn't notice "Office12", sorry for the confusion.

M
 
G

Gordon

#7
"something fishy" <somethingfishy> wrote in

message news:8AB1D5DD-1996-49EC-8EB9-6DE274E29F4E@microsoft.com...
> Thank you, I found 2 folders. scanpst and scanost. each has an icon that
> looks like an envelope that is ripped in half. I double clicked to open
> one.
> So far so good. My next step is to enter the file I want scanned. I
> don't
> know what the file name is though. 'm thinking I need to do the entire
> mail
> foler. Is there a default file name for email?


All your Outlook data is contained in one file - by default it's called

"outlook.pst"

The default location depends on your OS.

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
C

c29tZXRoaW5nIGZpc2h5

#8
found it and it is now scanning. Thank you Gordon

joe fish 1954

"Gordon" wrote:


> "something fishy" <something fishy> wrote in
> message news:06D67163-7907-4EAE-939B-53F295D9B292@microsoft.com...
> > Double-click Scanpst.exe, located at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft
> > Office\OFFICE12.
> > In the office12 folder there are only DLL files. scanpst.exe is nowhere
> > to
> > be found.


> There should be all sorts of stuff there other than dll files. Have you
> changed the View on the folder? Tools-Folder Options-View

> > Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

>
 
G

Gordon

#9
"something fishy" <somethingfishy> wrote in

message news:1D406101-E03D-493E-8833-35A149DF9F9A@microsoft.com...
> found it and it is now scanning. Thank you Gordon


YW!

Good luck!

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
D
#10
I've been following this thread and now I'm stuck. I'm using Windows Vista

with with Outlook from office 07. How do I go about finding "outlook.pst"?

Searches with and without asterisks bring up nothing.

"Gordon" wrote:


> "something fishy" <somethingfishy> wrote in
> message news:8AB1D5DD-1996-49EC-8EB9-6DE274E29F4E@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you, I found 2 folders. scanpst and scanost. each has an icon that
> > looks like an envelope that is ripped in half. I double clicked to open
> > one.
> > So far so good. My next step is to enter the file I want scanned. I
> > don't
> > know what the file name is though. 'm thinking I need to do the entire
> > mail
> > foler. Is there a default file name for email?


> All your Outlook data is contained in one file - by default it's called
> "outlook.pst"

> The default location depends on your OS.

> > Asking a question?
> Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
> your OS, Service Pack level
> and the FULL contents of any error message(s)

>
 
G

Gordon

#11
"Doug" <Doug> wrote in message

news:B8A8CF85-6863-4AF1-B9FD-B2CD252A7403@microsoft.com...
> I've been following this thread and now I'm stuck. I'm using Windows
> Vista
> with with Outlook from office 07. How do I go about finding
> "outlook.pst"?
> Searches with and without asterisks bring up nothing.


It's a hidden file.

The default location is here:

C:\Users\{Your Account Name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

Asking a question?

Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,

your OS, Service Pack level

and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads