How many email accounts do you have in your main Outlook profile?

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

• I have just 1 email account

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I have 1 account in a profile, but several profiles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 email accounts in my profile

• 3 email accounts in my profile

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 4 email accounts in my profile

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 5 email accounts in my profile

• between 6 and 10

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • between 10 and 15

• between 15 and 20

• more than 20 email accounts in my profile

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This time around we want to know how many accounts you have in your main Outlook profile.

Your email said . "Wow. If I have that many, I wouldn’t get anything done but check mail".

doesn't that depend on

1. How much traffic you get

2. how much relevant traffic you get

3. how you manage it.

I think your poll should also have correlated the number of accounts with whether they are through Exchange or not for more significant results.

I have six accounts each referring to different areas of my business. I manage them all through Outlook 2007 and filter them by account in my inbox. It is a very effective way of concentrating on one aspect of my work at a time.

In the morning, I check each account reply to those that need a reply and task those that are requests for work.

I do the same in my task list and then start working through my tasks.

The only time I write or respond to email during the day is if I am working with a particular client. I do not let emails or phone calls get in the way of work. That is why I have inboxes and voice mail.

Maybe we should look at how and why people use their accounts and the efficiency of their system.

This time around we want to know how many accounts you have in your main Outlook profile.

My "main Outlook profile" is at work, for which I have only one account. My employer does not allow access to any external email.

At home, my Outlook supports three primary email accounts.

Forum Admin

Your email said . "Wow. If I have that many, I wouldn’t get anything done but check mail".

doesn't that depend on
  1. How much traffic you get
  2. how much relevant traffic you get
  3. how you manage it.
I used to have 8+ POP3/IMAP accounts but years ago I came to the conclusion that it was too much hassle - especially when I needed to set the accounts up on a new computer. (I was actively beta testing Windows back then.) This was before search folders - I either had to dump everything in one inbox or filter to folders, then look in a long list of folders for new mail.

I wanted my life back and embraced KISS principles - I forwarded everything to one address. I now have 4 mailboxes I use regularly - 2 business (Exchange), 1 personal (gmail), 1 for posting in forums (msn). I have send as permission on another 6 or so addresses on Exchange - mail to these addresses is forwarded to me and if i forget to change the From address, oh well. It's not like my addresses aren't easily found on the internet. :)

I used to have the two business addresses in one exchange account and always replied from one address, but recently split them into 2 mailboxes since outlook 2010 supports 2 exchange server accounts. One is in Ex2010, one in Ex2007.

I'd note that some of the 21 accounts I currently have defined are because Outlook doesn't let me send from an arbitrary ID (yes, I know about "Show From", but that sends with "on behalf of..."). Given that I can create dummy accounts to send from, this is a silly restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.