Report from forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diego

Hi, I am new to outlook forms, I was assigned to develop this form that will be e-mailed to customers and when is filled it will be send back to us.

I need to produce a report from all received forms, need to extract maybe 10 fields from each form into an excel file, have not idea how to approach this, any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

You're unlikely to get any data back. Custom fields on a form won't work in a

one-off situation and customers are unlikely to want to publish your form

just so you can collect data from them.

If you have Outlook 2007 and Access 2007, take a look at Access' built-in

data collection feature. If you have earlier or mismatched versions, consider

using a web-based survey.

Sue Mosher

"Diego" wrote:


> Hi, I am new to outlook forms, I was assigned to develop this form that will be e-mailed to customers and when is filled it will be send back to us.

> I need to produce a report from all received forms, need to extract maybe 10 fields from each form into an excel file, have not idea how to approach this, any advice is welcome.

> Thanks in advance.
> .
>

> .
>
 
D

Diego

Re: RE: Report from forms

Thanks, but just to make sure I understood.

So custom forms can not be used outside my company?

Do customer need to publish my form in order to fill it out or is possible to just send the form as an attachment and then they filled out and send the form back to me?

suemvp wrote on Mon, 12 April 2010 16:43
> You're unlikely to get any data back. Custom fields on a form won't work in a
> one-off situation and customers are unlikely to want to publish your form
> just so you can collect data from them.

> If you have Outlook 2007 and Access 2007, take a look at Access' built-in
> data collection feature. If you have earlier or mismatched versions, consider
> using a web-based survey.
> > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "Diego" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am new to outlook forms, I was assigned to develop this form that will be e-mailed to customers and when is filled it will be send back to us.
> > I need to produce a report from all received forms, need to extract maybe 10 fields from each form into an excel file, have not idea how to approach this, any advice is welcome.
> > Thanks in advance.
> > .
> >

> > .
> >
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Re: RE: Report from forms

Correct: Custom forms will not work outside your company (and may not even

work inside). The customer would need to publish the form. Chances of that

happening are pretty slim. A web-based survey would be far more effective.

Sue Mosher

"Diego" wrote:


> Thanks, but just to make sure I understood.

> So custom forms can not be used outside my company?
> Do customer need to publish my form in order to fill it out or is possible to just send the form as an attachment and then they filled out and send the form back to me?

> suemvp wrote on Mon, 12 April 2010 16:43
> > You're unlikely to get any data back. Custom fields on a form won't work in a
> > one-off situation and customers are unlikely to want to publish your form
> > just so you can collect data from them.
> > If you have Outlook 2007 and Access 2007, take a look at Access' built-in
> > data collection feature. If you have earlier or mismatched versions, consider
> > using a web-based survey.
> > "Diego" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I am new to outlook forms, I was assigned to develop this form that will be e-mailed to customers and when is filled it will be send back to us.
> > > > I need to produce a report from all received forms, need to extract maybe 10 fields from each form into an excel file, have not idea how to approach this, any advice is welcome.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Report Permission Exchange Server Administration 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
T Report For Task Recurrance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D IMP.Note Versus REPORt.IPM.NOte Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Long List Of Outlook 2016/Outlook.com Bugs // Where To Report? Using Outlook 10
S Meeting room booking report Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D How to Run a Report Based on Age of Inbox Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky Send a Task Status Report New Slipstick.com Articles 0
V Report stuck formatting page Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 Rules & VBA: How to run a script on a report message (ReportItem) Using Outlook 14
D Report on mailboxes which have exceeded quota? Exchange Server Administration 1
K report of Available hours for a team of staff from OUtlook Calenda Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T email Access report pop up network error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K BCM 2010 report error BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
R Using 'Company Name' in a BCM report!! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
F company field won't show in report BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
F Open task from is own status report in Public Folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Is any body knows how to add #company name# to report? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Modifying a Business Contact Manager Report BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Error in values when exporting report to Excel BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V Is it possible to collect statistics from Outlook forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Modifying the built in forms with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F KB4475563 stops VBS at forms working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Creating a button or link to a form in the Organizational Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Outlook Forms Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared Using Outlook 42
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
B Outlook Custom forms Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Organizational Forms Library in Exchange 2010 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Create an Organizational Forms Library New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Create an Organizational Forms Library in Exchange 2013 or Office 365 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Looking for help with our Organization Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Cameron Piper Automatically update custom forms across multiple computers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Organizational Forms usage Exchange Server Administration 1
K Export Organizational Forms Library Exchange Server Administration 1
N Export Outlook custom forms fields to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky How to clean up Outlook's Forms Cache New Slipstick.com Articles 0
X Bulk edit Contact forms Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Designing Custom Outlook Forms New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Create an Organizational Forms Library in Exchange 2013 New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Publishing Custom Forms New Slipstick.com Articles 0
G Message template / custom forms and VBA Help needed - inserting info into table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N How to disable user defined fields in BCM forms Using Outlook 2
N Passing Attachments between forms? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Nick Truscott Lost custom forms after moving mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S How to remove forms from Organizational forms library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Outlook forms text input Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Lost Custom Forms when we replaced Exchange Server Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook 2013 Forms Issue Using Outlook 1

Similar threads

Top