Outlook Express contact groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DPM

I have a number of groups set up in OE, and I can't find a way to import
them into Outlook 2007. I can import my contacts, but in Outlook they
appear to be one flat file - all my groups are gone. Is there any way to
import OE group associations?

Thanks,
Dean

 
R

Russ Valentine

No. Outlook uses distribution lists which are different than groups in OE.
90% of the time groups in OE will not be converted to DL's in Outlook.
Russ Valentine
"DPM" <dm@junk.com> wrote in message
news:eJt0gwx4KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have a number of groups set up in OE, and I can't find a way to import
>them into Outlook 2007. I can import my contacts, but in Outlook they
>appear to be one flat file - all my groups are gone. Is there any way to
>import OE group associations?
>
> Thanks,
> Dean
>
>


 
D

DPM

100% of the time, in my case. :)

Thanks for responding.

Dean

"Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%23C6FnKy4KHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> No. Outlook uses distribution lists which are different than groups in OE.
> 90% of the time groups in OE will not be converted to DL's in Outlook.
> > Russ Valentine
> "DPM" <dm@junk.com> wrote in message
> news:eJt0gwx4KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>I have a number of groups set up in OE, and I can't find a way to import
>>them into Outlook 2007. I can import my contacts, but in Outlook they
>>appear to be one flat file - all my groups are gone. Is there any way to
>>import OE group associations?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dean
>>
>>

>


 
R

Russ Valentine

Yeah, mine too. Wonder why they gave the two programs such similar names
when they don't interact at all.
Russ Valentine
"DPM" <dm@junk.com> wrote in message
news:O%23tMGli5KHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> 100% of the time, in my case. :)
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> Dean
>
> "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:%23C6FnKy4KHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> No. Outlook uses distribution lists which are different than groups in
>> OE. 90% of the time groups in OE will not be converted to DL's in
>> Outlook.
>> >> Russ Valentine
>> "DPM" <dm@junk.com> wrote in message
>> news:eJt0gwx4KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>I have a number of groups set up in OE, and I can't find a way to import
>>>them into Outlook 2007. I can import my contacts, but in Outlook they
>>>appear to be one flat file - all my groups are gone. Is there any way to
>>>import OE group associations?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dean
>>>
>>>

>>

>
>


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top