ed

Hi all,

Exchange 2003 envir.

We have one appliance to accept the email for our domain and relay to our

exchange servers. But, one user received one message 7 days later. I called

appliance vendor and tracked the message which received and delivered it to

exchange server on 6/20/2010. But, the user receives it on 6/27/2010. From

the header of the message, it shows appliance receives it on 6/20/2010 and

received by exchange server on 6/27/2010.

Which has a problem with it? Appliance or Excahnge server? Where does the

message sit for 7 days? (we have two days time out on the appliance and

exchange server)

Thank you for your help.

E

ed

After more digging, found out that "message submitted to advanced queueing;

Started message submission to advanced queue" for several days.

then finally delivered and what coulld be the reason?

Thank you.

"ed" wrote:

> Hi all,

> Exchange 2003 envir.

> We have one appliance to accept the email for our domain and relay to our
> exchange servers. But, one user received one message 7 days later. I called
> appliance vendor and tracked the message which received and delivered it to
> exchange server on 6/20/2010. But, the user receives it on 6/27/2010. From
> the header of the message, it shows appliance receives it on 6/20/2010 and
> received by exchange server on 6/27/2010.

> Which has a problem with it? Appliance or Excahnge server? Where does the
> message sit for 7 days? (we have two days time out on the appliance and
> exchange server)

> Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J it goes like outlook has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, wi Using Outlook 2
J Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconve Using Outlook 2
N the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook. un Using Outlook 4
K Microsoft office outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconven Using Outlook 3
R The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook Using Outlook 9
W Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close. Using Outlook 3
A Problem with outlook email - Error message: 'This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer...' Using Outlook 2
M office 2007 - office outlook has encountered a problem...needs to close Using Outlook 3
S MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK HAS STOPPED WORKING. Error: A problem caused the program to stop working co Using Outlook 2
G Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Using Outlook 1
T Hotmail Connector Problem - "The Network Connection has been interrupted" Using Outlook 4
L The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart outlook. Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 calendar problem. It has deleted end times of appts Using Outlook 1
B Business Contact Manager pop up encounters a problem and has to close. Using Outlook 1
A The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist, restart Outlook__ Using Outlook 1
T I can't receive emails on my iPhone while my home computer is logged on and Outlook 10 is open. This has never been a problem before .. just since in Using Outlook 2
D "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Using Outlook 3
M Enable to access outlook 2003 even in safe mode and is giving an error message that Business Contact Manager has encountered a problem Using Outlook 2
J Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close Using Outlook 8
W Microsoft Office 2003 w/ AOL folder problem: Your imp server has closed the connection. Can’t move Using Outlook 7
I Problem with sending emails on Outlook. 'Cannot open this item. Outlook has already begun transmitting this message.' Please help! Using Outlook 1
K Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Using Outlook 3
J SyncServer has encountered a problem and needs to close Using Outlook 3
B when I try to move an email to a file it gives me the following: the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists please re Using Outlook 2
C The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again. Using Outlook 0
V problem e-mailing picture attachments. dialog box is open and certificate file is missing or has been corrupted requires reinstallation Using Outlook 0
M microsoft outlook has stopped working, and will let you know when there is a solution to the problem, but nothing has been solved yet. Using Outlook 1
C MS Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. Using Outlook 0
C Message reads 'Microsoft Outlook has stopped working, in blue. In black the statement 'A problem cau Using Outlook 6
J Outlook 2003 error-Microsoft outlook has encountered a problem Using Outlook 111
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
C Your mailbox has been temporarily moved ... Using Outlook 2
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2003 find by "has attachment" Using Outlook 1
W Looks like the folder below has been deleted: "iCloud\Calendar" Using Outlook 1
oliv- determine to which address an email has been sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Using or not using apostrophes in search terms has this changed? Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2016 has "Outlook 2015" files Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2016 bottom reading pane has disappeared Using Outlook 2
G Download pdf attachments only if email subject has one of words Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
M AVG has banjaxed Outlook. Using Outlook 1
B Wanting to run a script that will filter any body that has a russian link in it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Outlook incompleted tasks has strike through Using Outlook 3
B Search function in Office 365 has stopped working Using Outlook 3
I Check if sent email has been replied Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook.com Sync working, Sync to Android has issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
witzker Has Outlook 2010 to be opened for Indexing Win7 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky RMS Error: System clock has been tampered with New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Aussie I Change the Subject Line ... but after it is moved the subject has reverted Using Outlook 1