Problem importing a csv contact file into outlook 2010 beta

• Thread starter OS123456
  • Start date Views 2,184
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OS123456

Hi,
I am having a problem importing my contacts from a csv file into outlook 2010.
I get an " Invalid SAM ID" and " can't load interpreter" .
I have tried opening a second profile (as suggested in one support forum) and the same thing happens.
The situation is very problematic as I don't have any contacts in outlook right now, and can't get it to work.
I haven't seen this issue resolved in any forum yet.
The CSV file was created on another computer with outlook 2003.
My system is running windows 7 64 bit.
Can you provide assistance in importing the csv file?
Thanks.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Why are you using CSV? Export the contacts to a pst file or just copy the existing pst file and use it (if you want the mail moved too).

'Invalid SAM' indicates a connection failure with your servers.

Are you using BCM? Are you trying to import into the BCM database?

O

OS123456

Hi Diane,
Thank you for answering.
I'm using CSV as it is a standard way to transfer contacts between computers.
I don't have access to my old computer again to re-export my contacts as a pst file. I only have the CSV file.
Regarding the 'Invalid SAM', " which indicates a connection failure with your servers" . Which servers are you referring to?
I'm not trying to connect anywhere, just import the list of contacts. Why am I getting this error message?
I'm not using BCM, just a list of outlook contacts that were exported to a CSV format.
Any ideas on why I can't import my old contacts into outlook 2010?
Thanks again,
OS.

O

OS123456

Thank you for the link. I saw it as well and that thread is also unresolved.
Any tech guys from Microsoft that can help with this issue?

N

najn_arte

Hi,
I am having a problem importing my contacts from a csv file into outlook 2010.
I get an " Invalid SAM ID" and " can't load interpreter" .
I have tried opening a second profile (as suggested in one support forum) and the same thing happens.
The situation is very problematic as I don't have any contacts in outlook right now, and can't get it to work.
I haven't seen this issue resolved in any forum yet.
The CSV file was created on another computer with outlook 2003.
My system is running windows 7 64 bit.
Can you provide assistance in importing the csv file?
Thanks.
Me too!

N

najn_arte

Why not use CSV when is a tried and true method for other applications? I guess the response is because this one is different, but I'd like to know more about why.

If Invalid SAM indicates a connection failure with servers, I don't understand why I get that error message when I am trying to import a CSV file from my own hard drive with no servers in between. Can someone please explain this to me some more?

N

najn_arte

The problem with the posts in the link you mention is that it does not resolve the problem. It just repeats the same thing about the servers but doesn't address what the servers have to do with importing a file from your own hard drive.

As per the procedure they give, it's the one I'm following and it leads to the Invalid SAM ID error.

N

najn_arte

It brings me to this same thread! Mommyyyyyyyyyyyy I need help!!!!!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The problem with the posts in the link you mention is that it does not resolve the problem. It just repeats the same thing about the servers but doesn't address what the servers have to do with importing a file from your own hard drive.

As per the procedure they give, it's the one I'm following and it leads to the Invalid SAM ID error.

Yeah, i wish support would quite posting links to other threads and just answer the question. If they got the answer from that thread, they can add 'from... ' but cross linking threads just wastes everyone's time. At least the other thread is not 400+ posts long and crashes IE. :)
I don't understand why I get that error message when I am trying to import a CSV file from my own hard drive with no servers in between.

Are you using BCM? If so, it uses SQL and while its all one drive, the error is related to the SQL install. Unfortunately, it's not my area of expertise so i don't know exactly what causes this error.

A

AdmiralIT

Mine is different problem

after browse the .csv file, I can't click next button to import the file

seems as Office 2010 can't detect the file at all... what's really wrong with this new MS Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.