Outlook 2007 Meeting Reminders Don't Pop up in the middle of the screen in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deyyoung

Well, it's no Rube Goldberg hand waving in front of the screen solution (although that's still on my to do list, and I will post when finished!), but Growl for Windows is exactly what I am looking for.

Install Growl for Windows here:

http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/default.aspx

Install the Outlook Add-In here (2003/2007):

http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/plugins/outlook
Works quite well; I like the separation between email popups and reminder popups (I am using the Visor Display with priority levels for reminders). I am also going to try setting it up to forward notifications to my second work PC (no Outlook on it, so no reminders at all). Brilliant!

Now if it could just tell me when the coffee pot is ready ...

(PS - Thank you Diane, for your help and patience with our griping ;) )

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks for the links to one possible solution - i'll add it to my database of outlook utilities.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
However, the plugin has not been updated to work with Outlook 2010.

Have you tried it with 2010 32bit? (I will tonight.) I don't expect it will work with 64bit Outlook but many addins will work with 32bit (installed, not click to run).

M

mpsacn

OK, that's great. So how do I keep a reminder window open in the background when it has not yet popped up? Help me out here, I'm old and a little slow

B

bender101

any update to using GROWL with Office 2010 (32 bit) ?? does it bring the pop up (reminder) to the front no matter what application is working?

or is it just generally supported for all Office 2010 suites?

K

kelpguy

../../../../Profile/en-US/?user=imperfexshun&referrer=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.answers.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2foutlookcontact%2fthread%2fa5d9be39-048b-41f5-9233-7f1f035d4dee%3fprof%3drequired&rh=lUp4tofApLyBFB0I47XVpdAUrZUEgxNqpJnXxNEBgcg%3d&sp=forumsimperfexshun wrote:

" instead of simply catering to the casual user, give us long-time users options to NOT change all the bells and whistles and toolbars and colors, etc. That's another one of my complaints...''
i think we should make a brite pink 4ft x 10ft banner of the above and hang it over the entrance to microsoft.

I

imperfexshun

i think we should make a brite pink 4ft x 10ft banner of the above and hang it over the entrance to microsoft.

Sounds good to me, kelpguy.... Suppose it would make MS pay attention to our complaints???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Outlook 2007 meeting invitations and Lotus Notes Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2007: "Meeting" tab is missing Using Outlook 7
N Outlook 2007 - Permissions for Meeting invites? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007 on Exchange 2003 - Meeting Organizer not seeing new proposed time from external parties Using Outlook 5
R How to use Outlook 2007 Calendar to create a meeting or apointment with a specific color code / background? Using Outlook 1
B Scheduling a Meeting Resource (Room) with a conflict doesn't indicate any conflict on users calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Undeliverable on internet meeting request. Exchange 2003/Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2007 Timezone issue when meeting is forwarded. Using Outlook 6
W When users try to setup a meeting in outlook 2007 or 2003 they will get an Undeliverable delivery st Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 Calendar: Text in the body of a Meeting disappears Using Outlook 1
S Cannot receive meeting invites in Outlook 2010 from Outlook 2007 (just receive email, not an attenda Using Outlook 1
O Outlook Calendar 2007 meeting details are shown in senders local time. Using Outlook 1
K Meeting Requests in HTML - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
C Meeting forward notifications in Outlook 2010 or 2007 go to junk mail Using Outlook 4
J Updates to recurring meeting does not update in my calendar (Outlook 2007) Using Outlook 1
J Updates to recurring meeting does not update in my calendar (Outlook 2007) Using Outlook 2
C Meeting forward notifications in Outlook 2010 or 2007 automatically going to junk e-mail folder Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 custom meeting dates Using Outlook 4
S Meeting Request from outlook 2007 - Subject line with Arabic Fonts showing as question marks Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2007 Meeting Request Not tracking all responses Using Outlook 5
S Change default value for new meeting in Calendar, Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
S Productivity enhancement to Outlook 2007 Calendar Meeting Planners Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2007 Monthly Calendar printing without meeting details. Using Outlook 5
K Outlook 2007 meeting requests different senders Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007- Help Editing Meeting Makers - All Day Event option not available Using Outlook 5
R Duplicate Meeting Request items in Outlook 2007 Calendar Using Outlook 4
J Incorrect tracking information received from room mailbox when creating a meeting request with Outlook 2007 SP 2 in cached mode Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2007 Meeting Item Send Button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
R New chap saying hello and needing advice on Outlook 2007 thumbnails Using Outlook 3
icacream From Outlook 2007 to 2016 ! Using Outlook 9
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2