How to display reminders at startup

• Thread starter Corbie999
  • Start date Views 722
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corbie999

Under Windows XP and using MS Works Calendar, reminders appeared at startup. After switching to Windows 7 and office this does not happen,. Can it be set up to display reminders when the system is switched on?

C

Corbie999

I am using Outlook at present and have discovered , as you point out that reminders will not appear unless I start Outlook. I also have Works Calendar available and this did fire up reminders when the (XP) system was switched on, however this does not seem to be the case under Windows 7. Is this simply a matter of getting Works Reminders into the Startup Group? If so how?

Ted

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

I am using Outlook at present and have discovered , as you point out that reminders will not appear unless I start Outlook. I also have Works Calendar available and this did fire up reminders when the (XP) system was switched on, however this does not seem to be the case under Windows 7. Is this simply a matter of getting Works Reminders into the Startup Group? If so how?

Ted

I'm not real familiar with Works - it may be that it doesn't work with Win7. Works uses a small reminder application that loads at start up. Before I'd add it to the startup group, i'd check its options and see if you can set it to load at start up.

ETA: it looks like its a problem with Windows 7. See if this post helps - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/042fed6e-1711-4a05-81ac-14b0c59d3b7d#e9d9f6be-26b9-41d9-ab57-10e896a8727b

C

Corbie999

Many thanks, the post you referred me to has resolved the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.