Import appointments into the default calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zacharyarose

I've been trying to import appointments directly into the default Outlook calendar from an ASP.NET site, but have been unable to do so. All I've been able to do is import a separate calendar into Outlook using the .ics file extension, I'd like the appointments I'm importing to integrate directly with the default Calendar.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks for your help!

S

Sachin Shetty

When you import the calender in .ics format it stores the data as a separate folder under the default calender in Outlook. After you import the calender as .ics format export it as .csv format from Outlook and save to a location. Later import it back to Outlook so that all the calender items will be mergered with the default Outlook calender. And once that importing is done you can delete the other separate folder(Which was created as .ics).

Note: The recurring appointments will not be exported or imported when you do it via .CSV format.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

When you import the calender in .ics format it stores the data as a separate folder under the default calender in Outlook. After you import the calender as .ics format export it as .csv format from Outlook and save to a location. Later import it back to Outlook so that all the calender items will be mergered with the default Outlook calender. And once that importing is done you can delete the other separate folder(Which was created as .ics).

Note: The recurring appointments will not be exported or imported when you do it via .CSV format.

That's way too much trouble. There are two more direct approaches that shouldn't mangle any recurring appointments.

Method #1: Save the .ics file to the local hard drive, rather than opening it from the web site. Then use the File | Import and Export command to import the .ics file. You should see a prompt asking you whether you want to create a new calendar folder or import into your (default) calendar.

Method #2: Open the .ics file from the web site and let it create the separate folder. In that folder, switch to a table view, then select all the items and move them to the default Calendar folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.