BIG problem with MS Office Outlook 2010 Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Borz

I was invited to try MS Office 2010 Beta I think back in February, which I did. (I previouly had used both the 2007 and 2003 versions.) Most of the applications work fine--Word, Exel, etc. This was not the case with Outlook, however, which tended to "freeze up" periodically and required re-starts. I could live with that, but then about four days ago Outlook stopped working completely. When I start up Outlook, a box tells me that "there is no email associated with it." (I have/had five email addresses in Outlook, with Hotmail my primary address.) Needless to say, I went to the "File" tab to check my account setups. In the file tab, under information, it says that an upgrade is in progress which may take up to 15 minutes--BUT THAT WAS FOUR DAYS OR SO AGO! It also indicates that I need to upgrade Outlook connector, but when I do it says I already have it. Everything in the "File" tab is essentially "frozen." It won't allow me to check any of the account settings. I have re-booted and re-started dozens of times with no success. I have executed the "repair" function for this application in the Control Panel without success. I would try re-installing, but apparently I can no longer download this beta version. Any suggestions? Otherwise, I believe I will need to uninstall and re-install my 2007 MS Office.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Office 2010 beta is no longer available for download.

This issue may occur if Outlook 2010 beta starts using Word 2007 as the email editor. For detailed information on this issue, refer to the following thread link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlook/thread/13c1b535-68f8-4989-809e-d031586c8b9e

If the setup file for Office 2010 is unavailable consider using Office 2007.

Note: you may receive a prompt to configure a new Outlook profile in Outlook 2007 after downgrading from Outlook 2010 beta. The steps to create a new profile in Outlook are given here. Ensure to reconnect the target PST files with the current Outlook profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R i have a big problem with my outlook files Using Outlook 1
M I have a BIG problem. My Outlook 2010 will not set up an email account. Using Outlook 2
T How to remove annoying Big Blue Type at beginning of my messages Using Outlook 2
A Is my archive too big? Using Outlook 1
D Photos on incoming messages are tiny and my outgoing signature photo always sends to big Using Outlook 3
M How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook send box that is to big to send? Using Outlook 2
A Fonts too big when receiving mail Using Outlook 2
S Me and my big mouth...I said to my customer a district nursing organization down here in New Zealand, that 2 ipaqs should be able to share the same Co Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2007 - PST FILE TOO BIG Using Outlook 8
E Mail File Too Big Using Outlook 1
E Distribution lists too big! Cant figure out how to devide into smaller ones. Using Outlook 8
M RE: Microsoft Office Outlook, 2007__CAN'T REMOVE big file 'hung' in Outlook Outbox Using Outlook 1
P Archive file (.pst)too big to copy Using Outlook 0
A Legacy (ANIS) Archive PST file too big to open. Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Marc2019 Outlook 2016 Font Problem Using Outlook 5
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Problem with custom form including _DocSiteControl1 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
D Sort Problem with Sent Folders Using Outlook 1
S Conditional formatting problem with "is not empty" and categories Using Outlook 2
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
avant-guvnor Import csv problem Using Outlook 7
katehawkins Outlook 2013 Ost to pst conversion problem Using Outlook 1
AbbieWhite The problem with a fairly large file. Using Outlook 3
I Outlook 2013 Send problem - 'Not Responding' forever Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
EmelineGueguen Help to understand the problem of work Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2016 search problem persists after applying all known solutions Using Outlook 12
S problem with convert Using Outlook 1
S SendFromAccount - Problem trying to test existing value in open email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
DruinaBiscardi unexpected problem in outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
Grimev66 problem with conversion ost to pst Using Outlook 2
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
J Problem with Outlook 2016 new mail tray icon alert (envelope in the systems tray) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Problem running Command button code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A .ost file problem Using Outlook 4
G PROBLEM REGARDING OUTLOOK STORAGE LANGUAGES Using Outlook 4
PetraTech Odd Folder View Problem Using Outlook 3
V iCloud problem Using Outlook 9
D Reply Problem with Outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
MattC Problem with Outlook 2007 & iCloud / duplicate tasks Using Outlook 1
V Problem moving folders Using Outlook 4
C Problem tracking meeting responses Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Problem subscribing to shared calendar Using Outlook 1
K Problem with FreeBusy (before 1pm only) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
skylark53 Advanced recurrence problem Using Outlook 2
E RSS export as OPML problem Using Outlook 4