I can not find Business Contact Manager in OUtlook 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Bolick

When I go to the Contacts area in Outlook, Business Contact Manager appears to be greyed out inactive. What gives?

B

Brian Tillman

Did you install the BCM? It's not installed automatically with Outlook.

----------------------------

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

What Office 2010 package did you install? BCM is available only with a volume license copy of Office 2010 Standard or Professional Plus or through MSDN or (maybe coming soon) TechNet.

M

mnic360

Is there any way to access BCM other than through a volume license? I would love to upgrade from outlook 2007 w/BCM, but I do not need 5 licenses.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Is there any way to access BCM other than through a volume license? I would love to upgrade from outlook 2007 w/BCM, but I do not need 5 licenses.Only through MSDN or maybe eventually TechNet.

M

Marieaw

I wish Microsoft told us that when we bought the suite....it really sucks that they don't carry over the same function for each suite. I had Office 2007 Professional and BCM was included. $500 for 1 license is hard enough to afford when you're a start up company.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Did you purchase Office 2007+BCM recently? Microsoft was offering a technology guarantee that would get you the same 2010 suite if you bought during the guarantee period.

R

Rocco99

I'm having the same issue. I bought Office - Home and Business not knowing BCM did not come with it.

Outlook 2010 is available on a stand-alone basis. Does that version have BCM? FWIW, I'm also " upset" (to put it mildly) that none of the Microsoft pages I was directed to when deciding if and what to buy did not mention that, while Outlook 2010 came with Office H&B, BCM did not.

Outlook 2010, as provided in Office B&H 2010, lacks several features that I had in Outlook 2007 w/ BCM and/or some features are not working.

At this point, I'm not sure of the cause, and that will be the subject of another thread.

If BCM would solve these feature issues and if it's available with the stand-alone ver. of Outlook 2010, I would probably buy it. Therefore, whether BCM comes with the stand-alone ver. of Outlook 2010 is what I need to know now with respect to this thread.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Outlook 2010 is available on a stand-alone basis. Does that version have BCM?

Outlook 2010 with BCM is not available as a standalone product. From Office 2010 Pricing Information:

Outlook with Business Contact Manager Available only through volume licensing; see your account representative for pricing information

M

Maxwell Joseph

We"d like to thank you for using Outlook with Business Contact Manager and your support over the years. We recognize that with the launch of Office 2010 we"ve limited the number of suites in which Outlook with Business Contact Manager is available. We are currently working on a solution to be available shortly. Please watch this space for more updates. We would also contact you in the near future with our response. We appreciate your patience and co-operation on this

S

Sonoma Rus

I'm in the same boat - and not at all happy about it - in fact downright miffed.

So now the question turns to exporting my BCM files back into Outlook so I can use all my contacts and history. Is that possible? Hoe?

Rusty

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

So now the question turns to exporting my BCM files back into Outlook so I can use all my contacts and history. Is that possible?

Rusty, there isn't a simple way to do that kind of migration, because BCM uses a completely different linking method than Outlook does. Your best bet would be to stick with Outlook 2007 + BCM 2007 for the time being and wait for Microsoft to come through with the solution that Maxwell Joseph referred to above. I'd also recommend that you call (not email or file a web incident) Microsoft Support and let them know that you have existing BCM 2007 data and need BCM 2010 in order to continue to use that data. You can click the Get Help Now link at the Outlook Solution Center, http://support.microsoft.com/ph/14864, to get the phone number. This helps keep this issue on the front burner and should help you get notified when such a solution is available.

M

Martyn Young

Is there any way I can continue to use BCM 2007 with the Office 2010 professional suite? I know I would lose the new functionality from the beta version I have been using, but at least I would still have a working database.

Failing that we need some timescales on when and if BCM 2010 will be available to single licence users as we need time to migrate to other systems, and possibly some help on migration.

As a user of the Microsoft Accounting Professional package I am already in for one migration this year.

I cannot understand why Microsoft did not see this as a problem to existing users.

Seriously disgruntled.

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Is there any way I can continue to use BCM 2007 with the Office 2010 professional suite? I know I would lose the new functionality from the beta version I have been using, but at least I would still have a working database.Martyn, you should be able to remove Outlook 2010, keeping the rest of the Office 2010 suite, and then reinstall Outlook 2007 so that it will continue working with BCM 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.