Difficulty Publishing Calendars

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VIMBerkshires

I created a calendar in Outlook 2007 that I then tried to publish. I was asked to create a Live Messenger login, so I did. I thought I did everything I was supposed to do. When I went home to try to open the calendar at home, I was never successful. Every day when I come into the office this danged login thing pops up wanting my password so my calendar can be published. I got sick of seeing the password request come up so I went in and deleted the calendar thinking the password request would go away when the calendar went away. Not so. How on earth do I get rid of this password request?

E

Ezil Vinoth

What type of email account are you using? (POP or IMAP or Exchange)

When do you get the password prompt, is it while opening Outlook? Which calendar did you delete? Is it the Outlook calendar?

Does the password prompt box states as "Enter network password"? Follow the link and create new profile for Outlook and check if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918
Check the link below which helps you to publish calendar.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/publish-a-calendar-on-office-online-HA010080983.aspx

V

VIMBerkshires

I believe it is a POP email account. When I open Outlook each morning, the password prompt is present. The calendar I deleted was a test calendar I created to see if sharing a calendar was as easy as a toaster. It needs to be, and it is not. Anyway. I called the calendar Conference Room. Every day I would add something to the calendar and supposedly publish it, but when I would go home and log into my Windows Live account for home, I could not find anything in the calendar. So I decided, after several days, it wasn't worth the effort and I deleted Conference Room calendar. And now I am haunted by this danged password prompt. Please don't help me try to publish a calendar. I need help getting rid of this password prompt. Should I delete the Windows Live ID?

T

TPond

Diane, I am having essentially the same problem. We are on Outlook 2010 Windows 7 at work (exchange server) and I set up to sync with my Outlook calendar at home, XP sp3, Outlook 2007. It worked great at first but then in both places I am being asked for password to sign in -- it does not remember.

I google this problem and I see dozens of users who have various versions of this problem, but in no case are there answers that shed ANY light on this problem. This thread seems no more helpful -- so far. My favorite was a recommendation to use Google calendars.

I have tried every password combination I have ever used. I am very careful to record passwords, so I know I'm using the correct password. I have done this from each of my two machines so it is not likely my configuration, operating system or application. And, repeating it DID work just fine.

I would love to kill this "service" if I could, or fix it if it actually works. Either way.

Thanks for help that is more than just asking the user more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Difficulty in sending mails with attachment in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 difficulty choosing the right contacts in the address book Using Outlook 2
M Activesync having difficulty syncronizing large mailboxes Using Outlook 1
E Having difficulty sending or receiving mail from the other Hotmail account I opened the error messag Using Outlook 1
J Difficulty opening e-mails Using Outlook 1
W Unable to open Outlook due to a corrupt file wgeelan_msn1.ost. Inbox repair tool to diagnose and repair errors in the file. Having difficulty using in Using Outlook 2
P Difficulty after installing Outlook 2010 to replace Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
R Difficulty Send/Receive e-mails Using Outlook 2
H difficulty sending emails between accounts in outlook Using Outlook 8
Diane Poremsky Publishing Calendars on the Internet or an Intranet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Publishing Custom Forms New Slipstick.com Articles 0
D Categories with Publishing Editor roles Using Outlook 1
M Calendar Publishing Using Outlook 2
M Calendar Publishing Using Outlook 1
M Error Publishing Exchange 2010 SP1 OWA through ISA 2006 SP2 Exchange Server Administration 14
L Free Busy Schedule Publishing Using Outlook 2
B TMG and Exchange 2010 Publishing Exchange Server Administration 5
D How to do Internet Calendar Publishing without proxy server (ISA)? Exchange Server Administration 3
A Publishing exchange 2010 on the internet using Microsoft forefront Exchange Server Administration 1
I Publishing Exchange 2010 without SSL on TMG 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
B Calendar Publishing - Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar publishing filter Using Outlook 1
O Issue publishing OWA after EBS migration Using Outlook 1
A Public Folder Permissions (Publishing Author) Issue Exchange Server Administration 2
R Publishing Exchange/ TMG 2010 / VeriSign - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted Exchange Server Administration 6
M Problems Publishing Outlook 2010 calendar to company only website with https Using Outlook 3
D Publishing OWA, Active Sync, Outlook Anywhere. Exchange Server Administration 8
K Need help Publishing a new Task form! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Will Exchange 2010 allow publishing of ical calendars Exchange Server Administration 8
U Publishing Outlook forms to a subset of users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Calendar not publishing appointments after Jan 1, 2009 Using Outlook 4
Graham Hyman Outlook 2016 Internet Calendars appearing as deleted Using Outlook 4
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
B How to sync Outlook, iphone and Google calendars and contacts? Using Outlook 4
B Sharing Outlook calendars gone wrong Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
D Sharing outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Sharing calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook room resource calendars and best practices Exchange Server Administration 0
K Can VBA intervene when updating Internet Calendars? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Sync Calendars using WiFI Using Outlook 3
P Can't sync iPhone calendars with Outlook Using Outlook 4
L Calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
A Helping OL remember which calendars were selected Using Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky New in Office 365 and Outlook.com: Interesting Calendars New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Combine and Print Multiple Outlook Calendars New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Jeanne Goodman Create Printout from Multiple Shared Calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8