Oulook 2010 Journal and Tasks missing from Activities View

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Inspired Phoenix

I just upgraded to Office 2010 from 07. My journal notes and tasks do not show up on my activities page on Outlook 2010 even though I have " All Items" selected. Only emails are showing up. This is a problem. Suggestions?

G

Guruprasad Ra

Did you try creating a new Outlook Profile?

Clickhere for help on creating new Outlook Profile. Once the new profile is created check if the issue still persists

I

Inspired Phoenix

Thank you for letting me know. How do I created enough pressure to have it changed?? This is an important part of using Outlook as an effective CRM. I have all my relationships set up in this model using this function.

Will old tasks and journal logs show up in Contact Manager if I move the card to it?

Instant search is found where? :):)

T

Tone2010

This is OUTRAGEOUS: What you are saying is that an absolutely crucial element of Outlook 2010 simply does not work!

Following your link shows this is not " by design" - it is by cockup.

Consider this an " uproar" from me.

There are plenty other flaws in 2010, but this is the worst so far.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Uproar here does little good - you need to open an incident with Microsoft support. I believe you get a free one within the first 90 days of installing the retail version of Office 2010 (I'll have to double check on this). If you work for a large corp, have your admin open the incident.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thank you for letting me know. How do I created enough pressure to have it changed?? This is an important part of using Outlook as an effective CRM. I have all my relationships set up in this model using this function.

Will old tasks and journal logs show up in Contact Manager if I move the card to it?

Instant search is found where? :):)

I'm not sure about the BCM question. I'm guessing No, but will need to test it.

Instant search is at the top of all folders where it says " Search [folder name]" - Ctrl+E will get you into the field.

I

Inspired Phoenix

Thank you again for any insight on how to resolve. I hope someone can figure it out. I was really looking forward to an improved newer version.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
According to my contact on the product team, they are now labeling it " a known bug" and they do plan to fix it, but no word on when. (This status is changed from discussions during the beta when i was told it was " by design" .)

I

Inspired Phoenix

Thank you again and happy 4th of July! Funny how a simple shift to " known bug" seems better! If you could suggest to your contact to bump up the priority it would be wonderful. Regardless, lots of hugs to all of you for your support and time. I really like the idea that MS has the best going product out there and since so many of us entrepreneurs use Outlook and CM for our livelihood, it would like to have access to my years of information and tracking.

I

Inspired Phoenix

How is this known bug's resolution coming along. How can I encourage the solution to happen? :)

L

Linda Larkan

Thank you, Diane. Your information is extremely helpful. I discovered this issue with a client yesterday, and I suspected that it was a bug.

This is a feature that is critical for many users. Have you received any additional information on how this issue is progressing? Is there a way for the general public to check the status of bug fixes?

Once again, thank you so much for your help and commitment of your time.

Linda

Linda

S

SBCS TECH

Any resolution to this issue / bug ? I have a demo this week and this is a must show feature....... Thanks, John

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Any resolution to this issue / bug ? I have a demo this week and this is a must show feature....... Thanks, John

No word on when it will be fixed.

L

Linda Larkan

Just checking back in to let the " powers that be" know that this is still top of mind.Linda

C

Cajun13

Any answers yet? If this issue is not resolved, how can I downgrade to 2007. This is ridicules.

S

SouthEssex

Operating System:Windows 7

I have just upgraded from Office professional 2003 to 2010 and have opted for the 64 bit version. One of the features of the 64 bit version is that it will not permit any earlier versions to run so I cannot re-install the 2003 version.

In 2003 I could add a journal entry to a contact, e.g. notes of a telephone call, and then, after opening the entry for that contact and moving to activies, I could see a list of all of the journal entries of telephone calls recorded against that contact and then open each entry in order to read the contents.

Since installing 2010 all of my telephone notes have been moved to the journal and the link to the actual contact broken. I can no longer see all of the telephone calls made to a contact and have to view them via the activities screen of my contacts.

How can I get all of my journaled telephone calls linked to the actual contacts against which the original entry was made.
For me it is a key feature of Outlook that I can record details of telephone conversations against a contact and to be able to re-view them later via the contact screen and not have to go on a long hunt in the journals which record all of my activies in Excel, Word, Access etc.

Is this another triumph for Microsoft!! They have a habit of removing features that users realy find useful and without telling anyone first. I used to use Microsoft Binder but that disappeared and Microsoft are in denial that it ever existed. Similarly the move from Word 5 to later versions resulted in a change to the way paragraph numbers work (or don't) which created problems for large documents using headers.

Does Microsoft ever listen to users of the products???

Status
Not open for further replies.