Outlook Public Folder Calendars - issues with colour categories

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JanineD2

Dear Outlook Gurus,

We are perplexed! We use Outlook 2007 (on Exchange 2003). We have several staff who are responsible for maintaining a group of meeting rooms that we have put in Outlook Public Folders as calendars. One staff member takes the bulk of the calls, and he adds a room booking in the public folder calendar for that room. He applies a colour category to that booking and copies that into another public folder calendar for "All Room bookings".

However, when the other staff who have access to these public folder calendars have a look at these calendars, the colour-category is not displayed for them. This is a problem, as the colour indicates the booking is OK to proceed (ie. room setup, catering and equipment have been checked).

I thought when changes are made to the Public Folder calendars all staff who can access it (especially those who can modify it) would see such things including colour categories. Weird!!

Any idea why these other staff who are looking at the same calendars in Public Folders are not seeing the colour coding? Yes, they can work around it themselves, but they have to first verify with the booker that all is OK and add the colour categories again, which is all extra work (and adds to confusion).

Any wisdom you can reveal on the above would be appreciated :)

Kind regards JD2

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Categories should be on the meetings but colors assigned to them are per user. You'll need to 1) add the category to each person's master category list and 2) assign the colors. This might help:http://www.codetwo.com/freeware/catman/

J

JanineD2

Hi Diane,

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction :)

Regards JD2

K

kerjuk

Hi,

I wonder is it not possible to capture the regkeys for this colour scheme and just change them on login? That would be my preferred route. I don't want to install software just to run a colour scheme.

Has anyone experience of this?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 2013 - Default View for Public Folder Contacts Using Outlook 1
A Outlook VBA - moving mail item to public folder using variable within path Using Outlook 6
T Public Folder has many messages but can't be seen in Outlook Using Outlook 3
C [outlook-users] Public Contact Folder not Listed under contacts tab Using Outlook 3
B set deafult view in public folder for all users from outlook 2010 64bit Using Outlook 0
I sync public folder to personal folder in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
T My Outlook 2007 - (Public folder-Calendar can't insert to My Favourite)but other calender can insert Using Outlook 1
F cannt instant search in Outlook 2007 Windows 7 Public Folder, states no Items found Using Outlook 1
N Shared Calendar in Public folder hangs when accessing from Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
S public folder option in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
R how to configure outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy info to public folder in exchange 2010 (s Exchange Server Administration 3
A Public folder accessable from Outlook 2007, 2010, but not through OWA Exchange Server Administration 6
B Outlook 2010 - unable to add a Public Contacts folder as an email address book - 'Outlook Address Bo Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Public Folder creates many conflicts Using Outlook 1
C cannot subsribe the public folder in Outlook 2003 when backend system is exchage 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
R Re: Outlook Quick Step - can't copy message to a public folder Using Outlook 1
L Getting Outlook to recognise a Public Contacts folder Using Outlook 4
J Public Folders: Outlook 2007 gets "The set of folder could not be opened. The attempt to log on to M Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 - Calendar in public folder issue Using Outlook 7
P Can I Assign Outlook Tasks to a Public Folder? Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Public Folder Home Page view Using Outlook 9
N Filtered Synchronization of public folder favourites, Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 2010 public folder conflicts Using Outlook 7
D How to identify a mail item from a public folder in MS Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Public Folder Forms Question. (Outlook v.all - Exchange 07) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook 2016: Searching in all (+public) folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
E Outlook 2007 Saves .MSG E-Mails with attachment from Public Folders as RTF Using Outlook 0
L Public folders suddenly gone in outlook 2k7 Using Outlook 1
S Public FolderEmail Sort Problems Outlook 2010/Migration from 2003 SBS to 2011S Using Outlook 3
B Permissions - Outlook Public Folders Are Being Deleted Using Outlook 1
B Linking from Excel to public outlook 2010 calendar. Using Outlook 0
T Public folders in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
I outlook unable to view public folders and autodiscovery not working Using Outlook 1
M Is it possible to have a public calendar map on a exchange server 2007 and synchronize this map and the items with outlook 2011 for MAC public map bro Using Outlook 2
P outlook 2003 Free Busy and public folde replica move Exchange Server Administration 10
S Outlook 2011 for Mac - Exchange Server address changes from public front-end to internal hub server Using Outlook 5
S Views on frequently updated public folders in Outlook 2003 for many users Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 - Public Folders difficult to access after adding multiple additional mailboxes into th Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2011 Does not Sync Public Folders (Exchange 2007) Using Outlook 2
H Searching Public foldersin Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J I cannot view public folders in Microsoft Outlook 10. We are using exchange server. Can someone help me? Thanks. Using Outlook 1
T Exchange 2010 public folders cannot be opened from Outlook, but can from OWA Exchange Server Administration 2
A Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2007 Public Folders Using Outlook 6
A Can I change the link to a public published Outlook Calendar? Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2007: Set Public Calendar as Default Calendar Using Outlook 1
J Posting to Outlook 2011 Public Folders Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2011 not seeing any public folders Using Outlook 4
J Exchange 2010 OWA Public Folders with Outlook 2011 Exchange Server Administration 5
S Cannot expand public folders with Administrator account in Outlook Exchange Server Administration 3