Windows 7 Upgrade/Outlook 2007 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dgisle

I will do my best to describe my issues and attempts to fix.

I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I previously had 7 email addresses that would send/receive with no issue until AFTER I upgraded. Since then, I have tried to 1) repair outlook 2) reinstall outlook 3) delete and add all email accounts 4) create a new outlook profile 5) turn off my firewalls and send/receive - in case they were causing any issues.

None of these were successful.

The odd part, when adding my new profile, the system was able to auto-configure my gmail account through the control panel area (when adding a new outlook profile)...no issues. But as soon as I tried to access my email in Outlook, via my new profile that had successfully set up my gmail account, it was a no go.

I get the same error every time. Here is what I'm told (and it is bogus, so obviously something is confusing my machine):

***Task 'myemail@gmail.com - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it might be down temporarily). Verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'***

The error is the same regardless of the account I enter/use. It does not send or receive at all. And yes, I have checked my network/email configuration settings and yes, they are correct.

The other odd part is that NO email application program (Thunderbird, Incredimail, etc.) can connect and successfully access email addresses. So...my assumption is that this is not really an Outlook problem as much as a Windows 7 issue. Any ideas where I can start to attempt a fix?

G

Guruprasad Ra

Try running outlook in clean boot mode. A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. This article describes how to troubleshoot problems in Windows 7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Guruprasad Ra, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.

• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

D

dgisle

That did the trick. For whatever reason these two services stop my Outlook from working properly:

- Apple Mobile Device (Apple, Inc.)
- Bonjour Service (Apple, Inc.)

If either of these are running (without the other or together) my Outlook send/receive breaks.

Glad to have found it! Pass the word around to anyone else that has had issues!

Thanks again,

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.