Win 7 + Outlook 2007 + Outlook Connector 12.1: Hotmail web client shows sender's name in TO column i

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

O S

Hello,

I have a strange issue with Outlook Connector.

Synchronisation, etc. everything is actually working fine except the name of the recipient I sent e-mails to.

This is NOT related with the 'from' or 'to' column in Outlook 2007. I know how to make things appear and sort there.

And I am having no problems if I send e-mails using Hotmail through the web client, everything is fine.

But when I send an e-mail using my Hotmail account in Outlook 2007, everything seems to be fine and the e-mail is being sent.

But after synchronization when I go to the Hotmail web site and check my sent items there I see my name in the TO column, not the receiver's name.

When I click and expand the e-mail in order to read it, the name of the recipient's in the header are shown correctly, but in the list view of sent items my name is shown.

Any ideas on how to solve this ?

Thanks.

O

O S

Sure, the web client has only Sort by: Date, To, Subject and Size and mine is in the default view (To).

There is no 'from' column anyway.

It shows MY (sender's) name in the TO column.

But, as mentioned before, only in list view.

When I click a message I can see the correct details (from/to).

V

Vinay - G

In this case your Sent Items folder is configured with the “From” column instead of showing the “To” column.

By default Outlook has a “Sent To” view which is configured to show the “To” column, you can select this view via;

View-> Arrange By-> Current View-> Sent To

or via;

View-> Current View-> Sent To

If this doesn"t work you can also add the column manually. To do this select your Sent Items folder and go to View-> Arrange by-> Custom-> and click the Fields button.

On the right list select “From” and press Remove.

On the left list select “To” and press Add.

Additionally you can use the Move Up and Move Down button to sort your fields. By default the “To” field is listed between “Attachment” and “Subject”.

Vinay G, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

O

O S

Dear Vinay,

thanks for your post, but as mentioned in my first message, this problem is not about my Outlook 2007.

It's the web client of Hotmail where the sender's name is being shown in the TO column (instead of the recipient's name).

In order to make it a bit clearer here an example.

Let's say I've just sent an e-mail to XXX.

After sending the e-mail my Outlook 2007 shows in Sent Items:

O S XXX

Whereas (after synchronisation) 'Sent items' of my Hotmail account on the Hotmail website shows:

To:

O S

Hope it's clearer now.

V

Vinay - G

Does it show the right info before synchronization? Try sending a test e-mail from hotmail and check in the sent items if you see the recipient name in the “to” field without synchronizing it with outlook.

Note: - Do not open outlook while you are sending a test e-mail from the hotmail website which will prevent the synchronizing.

Vinay G, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

O

O S

Dear Vinay,

I am not having any problems, if I send an e-mail using the Hotmail website, the recipient's name is being correctly shown on the website.

It happens only if I send an e-mail using my Hotmail account via Outlook Connector on Outlook 2007.

Here again the results of both scenarios:

1. If I send an e-mail using my Hotmail account on Outlook 2007:

Outlook 2007: From/to columns OK

Hotmail website: Shows after sync sender's name in TO column

2. If I send an e-mail using my Hotmail account on the Hotmail web site:

Outlook 2007: From/to columns OK after sync

Hotmail website: TO column shows recipient's name

B

Black Barron

For some time use the hotmail account on the web only and do not sync with outlook connector. Create another LIVE account and then configure the same with outlook connector, use this account and send/receive mails for some days (about3 to 4 days ) and check if you face the same issue. If yes then it's the right time to call Microsoft or MSN support to resolve the issue or it may be an issue with your MSN/ hotmail account

BLACK BARRON
P.S : Please post back with the status of the issue. If this post was helpful to you, please vote for my post If this post has helped you resolve your issue, please mark my post as answered.

N

Nadim J

I am having the same issue, I have seen it in the last 3 Connector versions.

I repeat this is NOT a view or sorting related issue. This is Outlook Connector's inability to synchronise the recipient name correctly with Live Mail.

Needs sorting

M

Mr. Clooney

I do not think the staff at Windows Live Mail or Outlook Connector have addressed this issue. I have seen it for the past few years. I think the recipient name in the email data header formed by Outlook Connector is not formatted or synched correctly. Amazingly, Hotmail/Windows Live Mail displays each 'Sent' item' with the correct senders name in each message's HTML main view. But the list view of Hotmail/Windows Live Mail apparently relies on the unseen email data header for sorting. As a result, of improper synching/formatting with Outlook Connector, Hotmail/Windows Live Mail incorrectly displays the sender's name in the 'To:' field in the 'Sent' items list.

It is such a royal pain to see the sender's name in the 'To:' field under the 'Sent' items list view of Hotmail/Windows Live Mail. Anyone who uses email wants to see the recipients name in the 'Sent' items list view of Hotmail/Windows Mail Live.

I have a feeling this is a known issue. I think it would be a very easy fix for a Hotmail/Outlook Connector support engineer. I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone will address the issue.

S

SLY11

Did anyone get a solution to this problem? I am going crazy trying to sort my sent items.

Thanks!

Sarah

R

rwilliams4

I too have the same problem after I moved sent emails to a second hotmail account using Windows Live Mail, simple drag and drop in WLM. When the files were synced hotmail web shows the From name as the To name, but the To name in the email is correct, just the index column is in error. Have you had any luck getting an answer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.