Rules Wizard - how to get OR instead of AND?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nigel M

I've just switched to Outlook 2007 as Windows Live Mail is a pig wearing a pig costume at a pig party. I have previosly used Outlook 2003, and I'm pretty sure that you could specify that rules were ORed with each other rather than ANDed by clicking the word " and" .

For example, I want a rule like this:

if ((sender = fred) OR (subject = " pigs in space" ))
{do something}

The wizard creates rules with a hardwired AND, like this:

if ((sender = fred) AND (subject = " pigs in space" ))
{do something}

-- Nigel M

Z

Zohaib Ather

Hey Nigel,

I would be glad to help you out.

Two Methods:
Create two rules, one for sender and another for subject Create one rule only by the subject only

Hope it solves ur issue.

Regards,

Zohaib Ather | Microsoft Student Partner | Member of UGSS | Member of MSDN Community | Member of Microsoft Student Tech Club

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook Rules have never supported OR - Outlook Express (the predecessor to Live Mail) did.

You'll need to use two rules - one for sender is Fred, a second for subject is pigs in space.

Filters dialog supports OR when you use the QueryBuilder or SQL - but this is only used with Search folders, Views, Advanced Find, and Automatic formatting.

N

Nigel M

Outlook Rules have never supported OR - Outlook Express (the predecessor to Live Mail) did.

Really, it was that long ago! Oh well, I guess I'll have to use about 20 rules - the above was a simplification.-- Nigel M

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Yeah, it would be a lot simpler and its a frequent request, unfortunately, its not possible in current versions. Maybe sometime...

Status
Not open for further replies.