Outlook Connector 14 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Earthgoods

I've had numerous problems with the Outlook Connector 14.0 upgrade. First, like many others, I got stuck in the auto-upgrade loop. Microsoft has fixed this problem by turning auto-upgrade off. Next, in an attempt to do a manual reinstall of OLC 14, I was directed to a link that had the wrong version. I finally found the correct version for my system and was able to install OLC 14 completely. That's when the real problems began: 1. Unable to Send/Receive Hotmail accounts in Outook 2007 without hanging; 2. Unable to connect to Hotmail accounts via Outlook Connector; 3. Unable to access POP3 accounts, independent of Outlook Hotmail Connector; 4. When shutting down Outlook, program continues to run in the background. I have to use Task Manager to force Outlook.exe processes to close. I discovered this problem when trying to uninstall OLC 14 - I was asked to close all versions of Outlook, even though I had already closed the program.

Here are some things I've tried to resolove the problem (none of which worked): 1. Manual re-install of OLC 14; 2. Opened all relevant ports in McAfee Firewall; 3. Turned off all Add-Ins in Outlook (except those that I wasn't allowed to); 4. Added ZipRequestDisabled to Registry (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889697); 5. Turned off McAfee Firewall; 5. Made sure IE is not using a Proxy Server; 6. Deleted and re-added all Hotmail and POP3 accounts in Outlook (when setting up MAPI accounts, the new version of OLC has a different name and I'm not sure if this is a problem.)

Finally, I uninstalled OLC 14, downloaded and re-installed OLC 12.1, and I'm up and running again. This, after spending >12 hours struggling over the " improved" version. Clearly, there are major problems with the new release. I think I'll live without the " benefits" of OLC 14 until Microsoft does several more months of Beta testing with the officially released program. It makes me wonder how much time (business and personal) is lost by people all around the world trying to resolve MS problems.

In case others are looking for the older, but still functional, version of Outlook Connector, here's a link:
http://www.brothersoft.com/microsoft-outlook-connector-download-148067.html

E

Earthgoods

I'm not sure what you mean by " new profile" ? I use Outlook to manage access 4 hotmail accounts and 4 POP3 accounts.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm not sure what you mean by " new profile" ? I use Outlook to manage access 4 hotmail accounts and 4 POP3 accounts.
Close Outlook and go to Control panel, search for mail and make a new profile. Start with one account till we see if a new one works.

E

eTejesh

I had numerous problems with Outlook Connector 14.0 upgrade. Few are listed below:

1. Outlook didn't fetch emails from Hotmail account

2. It didn't fetch emails from other email accounts

3. It didn't shutdown, and the grey icon in the task bar remained unless killed from task manager.

4. Sent mails hung in the outbox and were only sent when the entire OS was shut and restarted.

As a solution I manually uninstalled Connector 14.0 and installed 12.1 from the brothersoft link quoted. That resolved my problem instantaneoudly. Regards -Tejesh Patel

I've had numerous problems with the Outlook Connector 14.0 upgrade. First, like many others, I got stuck in the auto-upgrade loop. Microsoft has fixed this problem by turning auto-upgrade off. Next, in an attempt to do a manual reinstall of OLC 14, I was directed to a link that had the wrong version. I finally found the correct version for my system and was able to install OLC 14 completely. That's when the real problems began: 1. Unable to Send/Receive Hotmail accounts in Outook 2007 without hanging; 2. Unable to connect to Hotmail accounts via Outlook Connector; 3. Unable to access POP3 accounts, independent of Outlook Hotmail Connector; 4. When shutting down Outlook, program continues to run in the background. I have to use Task Manager to force Outlook.exe processes to close. I discovered this problem when trying to uninstall OLC 14 - I was asked to close all versions of Outlook, even though I had already closed the program.

Here are some things I've tried to resolove the problem (none of which worked): 1. Manual re-install of OLC 14; 2. Opened all relevant ports in McAfee Firewall; 3. Turned off all Add-Ins in Outlook (except those that I wasn't allowed to); 4. Added ZipRequestDisabled to Registry (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889697 ); 5. Turned off McAfee Firewall; 5. Made sure IE is not using a Proxy Server; 6. Deleted and re-added all Hotmail and POP3 accounts in Outlook (when setting up MAPI accounts, the new version of OLC has a different name and I'm not sure if this is a problem.)

Finally, I uninstalled OLC 14, downloaded and re-installed OLC 12.1, and I'm up and running again. This, after spending >12 hours struggling over the " improved" version. Clearly, there are major problems with the new release. I think I'll live without the " benefits" of OLC 14 until Microsoft does several more months of Beta testing with the officially released program. It makes me wonder how much time (business and personal) is lost by people all around the world trying to resolve MS problems.

In case others are looking for the older, but still functional, version of Outlook Connector, here's a link:

http://www.brothersoft.com/microsoft-outlook-connector-download-148067.html

C

Chiquinor

Read this string but have not found it resolves the problem.

Tried reverting to earlier version of connector without success. Outlook stills prompts to upgrade.

Is Microsoft working on a resolution????

E

Earthgoods

Not sure about this, but it looks like MS turned the autoupdate back on, again. I've been running problem free since my last post on May 5th, 2010 when I went back to OLC 12.1. A few days ago, Outlook 2007 would not open without running the OLC 14.0 update. Ran into the same problems as before. Couldn't access Hotmail or POP3 emails through Connector. Send/Receive would simply hang and I'd have to close Outlook to proceed. This resulted in multiple instances of Outlook running that had to be killed in Task Manager. Eventually, I had to delete all my existing Hotmail and POP3 accounts from Outlook and re-add them through Outlook Connector. When I did this, my POP3 accounts downloaded hundreds of duplicate emails that I left on our mail server into Outlook and that I've already dealt with. Ugh. Now that all my accounts have been reestablished through OLC 14.0, I'm still getting periodic hangs and disconnects from Windows Live Hotmail. My biggest suggestion for future releases - make it possible for the new version to inherit existing account information from previous OLC setup so we don't have to delete then re-add the same accounts.

C

Chiquinor

Seems to be working now.

Get sync log failures relating, I think, to deleted items, other than that looks OK.

Many thanks.

T

Tomas Crespo

I have the same problems with outlook conector 14 and Outlook 2007.

I have installed an older version but it tells me that i must upgrade.

E

Earthgoods

I think I've discovered a work-around for the synch issues with OLC 14 hanging. I've redefined send/receive groups so all Hotmail are together (but no other kinds of accounts) and all POP3 are together (with no Hotmail or MSN). Although this is annoying - I can no longer use an " All Accounts" group and have to send/receive group by group - it does seem to work. If I do use the " All Accounts" send/receive I still get hung and have to shut down multiple instances of Outlook running in Task Manager processes.

E

Ezil Vinoth

Only for live email accounts you have to use Outlook connector.

Note: Older versions of Outlook Connector will not work with Outlook and you have to upgrade to latest version of Outlook connector (14.1).

For POP3 accounts check the article below to configure email accounts.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287532

For Hotmail accounts to work in Outlook without any issues, follow the steps below and check the status.

1) Remove the Hotmail account from Outlook. Refer to the link below for information on how to remove accounts from Outlook
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012316341033.aspx

2) Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account

a. Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run

b. Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press "Enter":
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

3) Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location and install the latest version of Outlook connector

4) Now configure the Hotmail account using Outlook connector in Outlook.

Refer to the link below for information on how to add Windows Live account in Outlook.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102218231033.aspx

O

Offshore Mick

Yeah, I tried this and it didn't work for me. I cannot send or receive email whether using the pop3 setup or Outlook Connector. I am coming very close to dropping MS altogether and trying out a Mac. It is absolutely ridiculous for them to let these issues continue for so long without a fix! If anyone has a different solution to try, please post...

J

Jaidee

I am not a PC guru, and I NEVER had any mail or mail connection problem.

Until today a FORCED upgrade Outlook Connector from 12 to 14 hangs on outlook restart !

I was forced to upgrade, I did, with as result that I cannot anylonger access my hotmail via outlook.

With OLC 14 installed Outlooks hangs when started.

Reinstalling OLC 12 Outlook doesn"t hangs but does not want to connect me until I upgrade….

And the upgrade doesn"t work !!!!

As can be seen on-line, since May 2010 this upgrade (??) doesn't work, and in December 2010 we are confronted with it because we are forced to upgrade, and the experiencede problems are exactely the same as documented in May 2010 !

It is comprehensible that users are forced to upgrade knowing that they will NOT be able to read their mail.

Please let us revert to OLC 12 until an automatic resolution is in place please.

In extreme and worse case scenario, and if really neccesary Please VERY DETAILED RESOLUTION INFO so I can read my mail via outlook.

Again we are not PC Guru's and were not supposed to be when we bought the product(s).

Thanks for your timely advise.

J

Jaidee

Dear ,

I am not a PC guru, and I NEVER had any mail or mail connection problem.

Until today a FORCED upgrade Outlook Connector from 12 to 14 hangs on outlook restart !

I was forced to upgrade, I did, with as result that I cannot any longer access my hotmail via outlook.

With OLC 14 installed Outlooks hangs when started.

Reinstalling OLC 12 Outlook doesn"t hangs but does not want to connect me until I upgrade….

And the upgrade doesn"t work as can be seen on-line, since May 2010 !!!!
In December 2010 we are confronted with it because we are forced to upgrade, and the experienced problems are exactly the same, same symptoms, as documented in May 2010 !

It is incomprehensible that users are forced to upgrade knowing that they will NOT be able to read their mail.

Please let us revert to OLC 12 until an automatic resolution is in place please.

In extreme and worse case scenario, and if really necessarily Please VERY DETAILED RESOLUTION INFO so I can read my mail via outlook.

Again we are not PC Guru's and were not supposed to be when we bought the product(s).

Thanks for your timely advise.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Outlook Connector calendar sync problems with Android phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 sync problems with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
A Problems with Outlook Connector in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
P Encoding problems after synchronization with Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
F Problems setting up Hotmail account with Outlook 2007/Microsoft 7 64bits/Hotmail connector 32bits Using Outlook 1
T Problems with Send/Receive in Outlook 2007 with Outlook Connector to Hotmail Using Outlook 1
T Problems downloading new version of Hotmail Connector with Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Connector problems Using Outlook 3
B Outlook Connector Problems Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Connector and Messenger problems Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook Connector Synchronization and Blank Email Problems Using Outlook 14
iwshim Outlook Social Connector for Facebook - updates? work arounds? Using Outlook 1
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Outlook's Social Connector New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook Connector Contact Sync Bug (Fixed) New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Outlook 2007 connector and Windows 10 Using Outlook 3
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 contacts syncing intermittently via Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
R Outlook 2013 and Social Connector Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2013 using DAMO (connector for Domino) Sent Items Issue Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Repeatedly Requesting Password via Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
T syncing email using Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
S Receiving/accepting meeting invitation into new calendar (outlook connector) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Outlook Social Connector Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Outlook connector only works when set to default Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
K Outlook 2013 - Removed Social Connector, LinkedIn and Messenger Reappear Using Outlook 7
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D How to correct Outlook Connector Live ID Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
J Outlook Connector equivalent for Google Mail? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
V Creating Distributions in Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Connector Forces Outlook 2007 To Hang On Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Has Outlook Connector just lost all my folders?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Outlook Connector only works for a day?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Hotmail won't synchronize with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 2
G Outlook and Hotmail Connector not syncronizing inbox. Using Outlook 1
T contacts in outlook via outlook connector are not syncing to what is listed in Windows Live. Using Outlook 1
T SharePoint 2007 MySites and Outlook 2010 Social Connector Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 7 connector for Domino Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Connector not syncing to Outlook 2003 AND 2007 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
P I have microsoft outlook express 6.0 and an error keeps poping up talking about an add-in. the error says the add-in outlook connector extensions (msn Using Outlook 2
A Social connector breaks Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Social Connector - Options for syncing Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Connector Not Connecting Using Outlook 4