retrieve archieved outlook .pst files____

• Thread starter 1234ronnie
  • Start date Views 620
Status
Not open for further replies.

1234ronnie

Outlook asks to archieve files not in use to allow system to run better. If I do this then try to retrieve them from C:/Users/Ron/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook/Outlook.pst Windows says it can't find them as that is an invalid address. That is the address that Outlook says to locate them in. How do I get them back. I can see there are files there as that file shows that has used a fair bit of space but can't see the details

R

Roady [MVP]

Your archive file is probably called archive.pst and not outlook.pst. You can reconnect to your archive via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

You can look up the settings and location for AutoArchive (and also turn it off) by going to;
Tools-> Options...-> tab Other-> button AutoArchive...
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

1234ronnie

When I go File Open Outlook Data File I can see there are 258k of files in the archieve .pst file and some 75meg in the outlook.pst one.

If I click on either it goes to the webpage that says internet explorer cannot open the webpage the diagnostic window then says "the file you are trying to retrieve does not appear to be a valid webpage"

Its there but won't retrieve any clues please

P

Palcouk

You can only open an outlook data file (pst) within Outlook

A pst file of 258kb conatins no data - its empty

Check your archive settings within outlook to see what / where the archive file is

Status
Not open for further replies.