Sent items folder does not display who the email was sent to

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Otistonka

Ever since I was forced to switch to the hotmail connector my Sent Items folder displays my name and the subject in the email list rather than who I sent it to. The emails are sorted by Date. If I switch to sort them by 'To' it does list the name in the header. How do I get it to display the 'To' name in the sort list???

Thanks!

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Right-click the header area, choose "Field Chooser" from the context menu. When the field choose appears, find the "TO" field on the list and drag/drop it to the header where you want it.

M

marketeer

I'm using outlook 2003 and have the same problem - I'm trying to sort my sent items into categories by adding folders within the sent folder that I can then drag certain messages into, but as soon as I do that they only display who they are from, not who they are to. Very frustrating. (If i arrange by"to" it loses the date order).

I don't understand the above reply - where's the header area? where do I drag and drop it to if I ever ind it? Being a bit thick - I need pictures!

M

marketeer

Aha!! Found it - what you failed to point out to the likes of us simple folk, is that you have to turn off the reading pane to get to see the header area. I only figured this out by good luck when I investigated why the outbox looked different to all the other folders!

Please please give full instructions when giving advice. IT doesn't come naturally to most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
V Items missing in Sent folder Using Outlook 10
M Sent Items Folder is Present but Not Displayed Using Outlook 2
P Sent items folder vs sent folder Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Display the Recipient Email Address in the Sent Items Folder New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Email Appearance in Sent Items Folder Using Outlook 1
M Move Sent Items from server folder to personal folder Using Outlook 2
J VBA to copy sent items to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Macro to move sent items from local folder to IMAP folder Using Outlook 4
T From Field Blank when saving to folder other than Sent items Using Outlook 2
J Rule to put ONLY sent items in specific folder Using Outlook 1
T Message not arriving in default accounts Sent Items folder when using Send to Using Outlook 2
P move mails after send to central mailbox-sent items folder Using Outlook 4
B Can't see Sent Items folder in OL 2010 Imap Using Outlook 1
G Nothing in 'Sent Items' folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
C Print all emails in a single folder with sent items Using Outlook 2
G Manually created Sent Items folder is lost Using Outlook 4
H Sent emails end up in duplicate in Sent items folder Using Outlook 13
H I sometimes get duplicate e-mails that I have sent showing up in my sent items folder Using Outlook 2
N Missing Sent Items Folder Using Outlook 2
P Sent items in Drafts folder Using Outlook 2
B outlook 2010 is not saving sent mail in sent items folder and sometimes after appearing in sent item Using Outlook 1
V MS Outlook 2007 sent items disappear in Sent Item Folder Using Outlook 11
M Changing default tracking folder from sent items folder to a user selected folder for individual ema Using Outlook 1
D Sent Items - unable to display contents of folder Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook 2007 doesn't show items that are sent in the sent folder. Using Outlook 2
S From Field is blank in sent messages that I set to save to folder other than Sent Items Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 sent items folder problem Using Outlook 1
W Using secondary account recieve error message that 'The sent items folder is unavailable.' Using Outlook 2
S Email Disappears when moving from "Sent Items" folder to another folder Using Outlook 1
T Cannot find 'sent items' folder Using Outlook 6
R Sent Items says the handle is invalid and the Calendar is unable to display the folder Using Outlook 1
S Nothing appearing in the sent items folder and nothing appearing in the deleted items folder when I Using Outlook 7
J Sent Items Folder Isn't Showing the Most Recent Sent Items Using Outlook 7
J Viewing sent items in archive folder Using Outlook 2
R Missing delete items folder, junk mail folder, sent mail folder and a spam folder. When I delete a Using Outlook 2
C sent items not being saved in correct sent folder when another aplication creates and sends an email through outlook Using Outlook 1
K Copy Sent e-mails to Sent Items Folder (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 3
V After compacting my pst file, I can't open Sent Items folder. Error message says, "the messaging int Using Outlook 3
M 'Sent' in IMAP folders versus 'Sent Items' folder not on server. Using Outlook 3
B The Sent Items Folder is unavailable.....this is the message I receive everytime I send an e-mail. I Using Outlook 2
R There are no items visible in my sent item, although I can see them if I access my emails on a colleagues computer. My sent items folder is completely Using Outlook 1
T I have 2 different sent mail folders. Sent Items for outlook, and sent-mail for server. I only want one folder. Using Outlook 1
S Not able to SAVE SENT ITEMS to designated folder...stores in my Outbox Using Outlook 2
B Copy of replied to email sent to inbox and not sent to items folder Using Outlook 11
A My Outlook stopped saving my sent emails to the Sent Items folder Using Outlook 3
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 13
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 8
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0