sending email smtp 25 (MSExchange 2003) in outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sebastian_Kiwacz

hi everyone

I cannot send email over my Outlook 2010 when i configure IMAP connection to exchange 2003 server i cannot login to smtp server if I have setup my smtp server require auth in prev ver of outlook was inversely???

R

Roady [MVP]

What happens when you try?
What is the exact error message that is returned to you?

Has the Exchange server been prepared for IMAP usuage? Normally, when you are using Exchange, you would use an Exchange account and not an IMAP account.

S

Sebastian_Kiwacz

1) What happens when you try?

2) What is the exact error message that is returned to you?

3) Has the Exchange server been prepared for IMAP usuage? Normally, when you are using Exchange, you would use an Exchange account and not an IMAP account.

AD1) server want username and password again again and again

AD2) there is no error server won't login me

AD3) Yes because from Live mail client or previous outlook on the same server and the same accoutn from the same computer all work fine :)

It seems like outlook 2010 error
step by step

I use IMAP to connect to my exchange 2003

on all programs expect O2010 i can receive and send my my normally

when I setup my outlook 2010 with the same settings like I had on outlook 2007 before I update Outlook won't login to my server

i uncheck require smtp auth and it working fine but its strange because in all other programs i must have it checked to send my email from this exchange ...server

A

Andrew Rinaldo

Hi,

I've tried to create a new profile, but it is still not working.

I've tried in different computer and with 3rd party outlook connector, none working.

What else can I try?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.