• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Error code 4201 and 8de00002 (not receiving hotmails in outlook)

S

sdfitgirl2004

Finally someone can understand my frustration! That happened to me a few times already. People keep telling me that it's because I changed the name of a folder, etc. I did NOTHING! Out of the blue it stopped working. Like you said, it's a pain to have to uninstall the account (or delete) and then install it again, and it's a waste of time, as it happens again and again after a couple days. What the ____ is going on????? I'm tired of this! Seriously, Microsoft, take care of this incident! I'm running out of patience!

D

dspnyc

exactly the same thing happens to me as sdfitgirl2004

i am so sick of microsoft connector. microsoft are absolute f....ing idiots for releasing a product that does not work with their EMAIL CLIENT !!!! eliminating the seamless pop/imap server that works great WITH THEIR OWN PRODUCTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did not change any folders name, i did nothing other than try to sync (although I do sync in more than i comp/phone).

every 2 weeks i get this Error 4102 Object with id xxxxxx appears on more than 1 command

and the error code Error : 8de00002.

I delete the account, re-make it and have to wait hours so that all the email to redownload, it works for 2 weeks and the same ____ happens again.

I can only think it occurs when i hit f9-sync too fast ! but for no other apparent reason !!!!!

its so frustrating. Please everyone email/write twit or whaterver to microsoft to get rid of this horrible product !!!!!!!!!!!!

OR FIX IT

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I delete the account, re-make it and have to wait hours so that all the email to redownload, it works for 2 weeks and the same ____ happens again.

I can only think it occurs when i hit f9-sync too fast ! but for no other apparent reason !!!!!

If you wait a bit or restart outlook, does the error go away? If you set autochecks to every 8 - 10 min and stop using F9, does this error recur? (some of errors are only annoying, they don't actually stop the sync - i don't know which type this one is)

Do you have more than one account or pst in your profile? Is the hotmail data store set as default?

D

dspnyc

yes i have more than one account, yes hotmail is default

just fyi - i am not a newbie, i am quite advanced in computers and programming

A

Advocas

I'm getting the same problem, the Outlook connector was working great then I got a message telling me I had to upgrade in order to sign in which I did, it worked for a week then stopped syncing so I deleted my profile and added my account again waited for it to sync it worked for a day then the same problem.

The thing that upsets me the most is that it was working with the same set of folders for years and then I was forced to upgrade to v14, this is the problem with microsoft they inflicted me with an upgrade that doesn't work why not let me decide if I want to upgrade. How can I downgrade to v12 which worked.

Is this another microsoft attempt to stop people from using Outlook like the did with Outlook express a few years ago?

A

Advocas

I think I fixed my account, I've had my hotmail account for about 12 years and in the beginning Microsoft would delete your " Sent Items" to save space so I created a folder called " Sent" and I used it to file all my sent items, this worked without problems on the web and from within Outlook on the v12 connector. To fix it I moved everything from the " Sent" folder to " Sent Items" folder then deleted the " Sent" folder on the web then deleted my outlook profile and started again.

It makes no sense that the developers for v14 added something to stop the above when it works on the web without problems, surely the connector should accept whatever content you have on the web, as if I'm allowed by the web version then it should work.

X

XiamenSimon

Hello everyone,

I have had the same problem: sudden failure of Hotmail/Outlook to sync - folder hierarchy and object ID errors - all completely out of the blue about 10 days ago.

I have fixed it by following a number of your suggestions.

1st) Removing my Hotmail account from Outlook.

2nd) Going into Hotmail and removing the _ (underscore) that I had in most of my hotmail folder names - and which have been there happily for several years.

3rd) Adding my Hotmail account back into Outlook using Outlook Connector.

Everything now seems to be working fine. I'm not very technical but my suspicion is that in some recent update this " non-standard character conflict" slipped in without being noticed. Sloppy, frustrating and very inconvenient. But thanks everyone for sharing your suggestions and solutions.

G

Goman999

Hello, all.

I have exactly the same problem. Outlook 2007, Windows 7. Outlook Connector for Hotmail has been working fine for years. Suddenly the Hotmail inbox won't sync with Outlook -- it sends messages out, but new messages in the Hotmail inbox don't show up in Outlook (no error dialog box appears). The log shows errors 8de00002 and 4201. (Just a note: You'd think that a decent error message would tell you WHICH folder name is disallowed...) I have renamed all my Hotmail folders to eliminate any possible problematic characters. Multiple times I have deleted the connector account, uninstalled the connector, reinstalled the connector, re-added the account, and re-sync'ed. All to no avail.

I REALLY need some help with this. Otherwise I guess I have to bail on Hotmail/Outlook completely (which I don't want to do).

I'd be very grateful for some help here.

D

dspnyc

The problem is caused when an action is done too fast for connector to update the server and an item is duplicated, such as moving an email as it is sending or doing a sent-receive before the previous one is finished. for some stupid usual microsoft reason they have not tested their product's compatibility WITH THEIR OWN PRODUCT !!!

the only solution is to remove the account, uninstall connector and reinstall connector and add the account.

if your account is big it takes some time to reload all the emails, but it works until the next time it happens.

(which for me is about once every 2 weeks)

lets all thank microsoft for another brilliant move to aggravate and annoy its clients !

G

Goman999

I very much appreciate your reply. As I noted, though, I've done the whole remove/uninstall/re-add process multiple times and I don't even get the sync to work correctly once (other than the initial re-sync). Also, I'm just letting the sync happen without trying to do anything else, like send a new message, or anything else. I'm really puzzled by this one.

M

Mike601

In my case, with Outlook 2010 & Windows 7, I don"t have to uninstall and reinstall Connector. I only have to delete the account in Outlook and set it up again. Also, I constantly move all of the emails and folders (that I don"t need to keep online via HotMail) to a separate Personal Folder in Outlook. That way when I set up the account again in Outlook there is minimal sync required and less chance for sync problems in the future.

Mike

G

Goman999

Thanks, Mike. I think your approach to folder usage is a good practice. I thought I'd let folks on this thread know that I seem to have fixed things, at least for now. My clue finally came when I tried to minimize the number of folders that Outlook was trying to sync. When I tried to copy my Sent folder to a local .pst, I got an error message that (I'm paraphrasing) " the message cannot be moved to the folder until it has been fully received" . So, something was out-of-whack with my Sent folder, most likely just one partially sync'd message. I deleted the contents of my Sent folder in Hotmail and (following the usual delete/re-add account, etc.) I finally got the Connector working correctly again. Needless to say, the error message about an unknown folder name being disallowed was not very helpful. So, in the future when this happens, I at least know what kind of problem to start looking for and I'll start with the Sent folder.

It is indeed possible/likely that a reinstall of the Connector is not necessary. Thanks to those who answered and I hope what I've found out in my case is helpful to others.

-Chris

J

johnthomasc3

I have the same issues and I want to add something to the discussion. I am using Windows 7 and Outlook Connector. I had the same problem of spontaneously having Outlook not update my new emails. I then started to get the synch issues. I checked all my folder names as has been discussed above. I deleted my hotmail account from Options and added it back again. I was struck by the statement above that you have to let each synch complete, and I had my Send/Receive set to every minute. I changed it to two minutes and now I don't have any more Synch issues. So, maybe it is simply that I had my Sent/Receive not completing, thus causing the Synch messages. Try it and see if this works for you.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have the same issues and I want to add something to the discussion. I am using Windows 7 and Outlook Connector. I had the same problem of spontaneously having Outlook not update my new emails. I then started to get the synch issues. I checked all my folder names as has been discussed above. I deleted my hotmail account from Options and added it back again. I was struck by the statement above that you have to let each synch complete, and I had my Send/Receive set to every minute. I changed it to two minutes and now I don't have any more Synch issues. So, maybe it is simply that I had my Sent/Receive not completing, thus causing the Synch messages. Try it and see if this works for you.

Yes, checking mail too frequently will cause issues. This is why we recommend setting it to 8 -10 minutes, definitely no less than 5 minutes. For new accounts, set it high until everything is downloaded.

K

kim berkshire

Hi, I get this error with Outlook 2010, newly installed. The first time I sync with my Hotmail account it worked just fine now I get the error:

Task 'Personal Account' reported error (0x8DE00002) : 'There is an error synchonizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web. Error: 4201. Client. Folder name is disallowed.'

This is sync'ing my Inbox

M

mtnmedic

Then why don't you people create a true email PUSH system altogether - mail comes in to Outllook as soon as it arrives on the server - instead of making Outlook poll at all? If I'm in an email dialog with someone, I'm not going to sit here and wait 8-10 minutes in between each and every polling and files being sent back and forth. Talk about dragging down my efficiency in the office. Old 1980s-90s dundery ya got going on here.

Once AGAIN...I've run into the same problem. Yet another big fail. I'm getting sick and tired of having to delete the account, re-create it then wait and wait and wait and wait for all of my stuff to sync into the account in Outlook.

I can't help but think Microsoft just doesn't GET it that they have yet another major bug that needs to be addressed. Otherwise a lot more people are going to get ticked off and just drop Outlook, Live Mail, Hotmail, etc. altogether and move to something else.

Get it together, will ya?

Q

QeZeQ

I've been using outlook for years but with non-Hotmail accounts. Now i've been obliged to include a hotmail account onto a new computer with Windows 7, Outlook 2003 and this new fangled Outlook Connector, and my problems are generally as noted above. I don't think we should have to mess about trying to make three MS products work together. XP and Outlook 2003 did what it said on the tin, so why doesn't this latest mish-mash of programs?