Microsoft office outlook A file error when setting up signature in Outlook 2007 on Windows 7

• Thread starter Jimbacca
  • Start date Views 3,514
J

Jimbacca

I am trying to set up a signature in Outlook 2007 on a windows 7 machine. I click new in the signature pain. Name the file. Click Ok and get the following pop up

Microsoft office outlook

A file error has occured (C:\Users\Insert Name\...\signature.htm

OK

I've tried the repair feature on the install disc. Changing names of the pst's. Tried booting outlook in safe mode. Same error. Any ideas?

P

pbagley

I have the same problem and I followed your advise which just tells me what I have already done about 6 times. So, is their a work around.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have the same problem and I followed your advise which just tells me what I have already done about 6 times. So, is their a work around.

Did you try renaming the signature folder? Close Outlook. Paste this line in the address bar of windows explorer, press enter, find the signature folder and rename it. Reopen outloo and see if it works.

%appdata%\microsoft\

J

Jimbacca

That video shows how to make a signature. I am aware of how to do that. But the video is helpful for people.

The problem is as follows

When you click the new button in the signature pop up.

Name it.

Click OK the following error comes next

A file error has occured (C:\Users\[username]\...\signature.htm

It does not finish saving etc. Just gives the error above.

N

Niranjan I K

Create a new profile for outlook and then check if it resolves your issue. Click here for information on creating outlook profiles.

J

Jimbacca

The winning answer for the problem was the following

Go to the \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

As you are heading to the Sig folder it asks if you would like permission. Once you get permission the signature works just fine.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The winning answer for the problem was the following

Go to the \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures

As you are heading to the Sig folder it asks if you would like permission. Once you get permission the signature works just fine.

your account should always have permission for these folders - it sounds like a problem with windows permissions. If you have other odd problems with windows, you may have fixed them too. :)