Email account passwords are not being saved even when I check remember password

• Thread starter okaltschmidt
  • Start date Views 602
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

okaltschmidt

I installed office XP 2002 on my new Windows 7 computer and setup outlook email accounts with the corresponding passwords and the Remember Password option checked. Each time I close outlook and open it up again I am prompted for the passwords of each of the email accounts. By going to the email account itself I see that the passwords were not kept (are blank). I tried the 3 methods described in Q290684 without sucess. Anybody has additional information about how to solve this issue?

G

GordonBP

Office XP is not supported in Windows 7. Unfortunately this is one of the symptoms and AFAIK there's no work-around. (Someone else may know differently, but I don't know of one).

I'm afraid you'll have to live with it or update to 2003/2007 or 2010.

If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!My Blog

W

WLubbe

I got the same problem when upgrading to windows 7. They are forcing me to buy a newer version of office at a price. I have a legal Office XP Proffessional. Each time I close outlook and open it up again I am prompted for the passwords of each of the email accounts. By going to the email account itself I see that the passwords were not kept (are blank). Go to Tools and click on your e-mail accounts, it will give you an error. Close it and do the same process again. Your e-mail should be downloaded now. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT MICROSOFT DID NOT GIVE SUPPORT TO OFFICE XP OUTLOOK IN WINDOWS 7. Their own software. They stop support for outlook express also. They, microsoft, is going the wrong way and I think it is all about money. They give support to other old software, but not their own? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.