Search Error - Outlook Indexing is Incomplete

• Thread starter calmstrom
  • Start date Views 3,774
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

calmstrom

I recently upgraded just my Outlook. I have Office 2003 installed, and upgraded my Outlook to 2007. After upgrade, I found that I could not do a search in my emails. An error message would come up that says, " Outlook is currently indexing your items. Search results may be incomplete because items are still being indexed. 21519 items remaining in " pesonal folders" . 46697 items remaining across all open mailboxes.

It has now been six days since I upgraded. I used the help feature, thinking that if I work or rework the indexing it might help, but it indicated that I just needed to allow it time to index. And it indicated my 'computer needed to be idle to do so'. So, I have left it idle for two nights now, hoping it would finish indexing, but it has not. Also, these numbers that it says still have to be indexed...are obviously including my Archived folders as well. I do not have over 50,000 open items in my email, unless it includes my archived items.

So the search feature is still malfunctioning.....And I'm at a loss for what to do. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.