Combining Outlook Mail Folders for two email addresses using IMAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mervjay

I have two email addresses.I use a PC and a iphone to check mail. I use my PC to read, reply,compose and sort my emails in to sub folders. I use the iphone to check emails and sometimes send replies when I am not in my office. I just changed both emails addresses to Imap from pop3. To do this in Outlook 2007 I deleted the old pop3 email addresses and opened the old email addresses as new using Imap.In the left side pane all my old mail folders still appear with the old emails in their sub folders but now my new emails appear in a new inbox sub folder under a folder named my email address. How do I get all my new emails for both addresses to appear in the original single inbox folder. Another issue I have is that when I delete a new email it does not delete it. It shows a line scored through the subject line but remains in the inbox. I hope someone out there can help me. Thanks

M

mervjay

Thanks.To avoid having to set up a new set of Inbox sub folders in Imap I dragged some of the Imap incoming messages in to the existing sub folders of the personal folders inbox. I then opened the email in that sub folder and tested to see if I could use it. ( I simply forwarded it on and it appears to work.) Will this method work or is there a better solution to keep all my sub folders together for my accumulated emails and the new Imap emails? Another problem I have since converting to Imap is that my junk email all goes to my new Inbox. I checked my junk filter options and it is set on high. How do i set the junk mail for Imap? Finally my signatures of my two emailadresses no longer show up on the emails I send. How do I set these up for Imap. Hope you can help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W combining outlook accounts Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 and combining multiple rules into one? Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2010 Combining Rules for POP account and Exchange Account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Combining PSTs Using Outlook 1
D Combining date and time into one field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
mwh1962 combining pst & ost calendars & contacts with Office 365 Using Outlook 5
M How to set exchange calendar as default when combining with Internet calendar Using Outlook 2
D Combining multiple messages into a single task Using Outlook 3
N Combining Email Accounts into One Inbox Using Outlook 3
B Combining GAL + Personal Contacts in Address Book Using Outlook 1
D Combining multiple e-mail address Inboxes? Using Outlook 3
J Combining Contacts & Calendars for multiple e-Mail accounts Using Outlook 1
B Combining contacts and my address book info? Using Outlook 3
J Combining data from two fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 2
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
R seperate read layout to design in outlook 2016..Help!! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook replies not using "delivered to" address in From Using Outlook 1
GregS Why is Outlook 2016 mail in Outlook.com? Using Outlook 1
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2013 Change color of text in data fields of contacts in Outlook 2013? Using Outlook 3
T Pictures degrade each time an Outlook item is edited and re-saved Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook not receiving mail Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 365 blocked by Google popup Using Outlook 2
T upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
Commodore Outlook (2013) issues with icloud.com mail Using Outlook 0
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2