Outlook 2010: not receiving emails after installing, and distribution lists did not move to Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kumajasp

After installing Office Pro Plus 2010, Outlook shows that it's properly installed with a licensed product, etc., but I get 'unknown error 0x80040154 receiving reported error' when I hit the 'send and receive' button to get new messages.

My new messages appear still in my Outlook Express even though it is not set as the default email program. How can I fix this?

Also, I exported my emails, and address book manually using .csv file from Outlook Express on Windows XP to Outlook and noticed that all my distribution lists are missing in the Contacts list. How do I get distribution lists to export to Outlook too?

R

Russ Valentine

How did you configure your mail accounts in Outlook? Did you set Outlook to be your default mail program for your operating system in Control Panel > Programs?

Groups in Outlook Express cannot be transferred to Outlook when you trasfer via a CSV file. Only rarely will Groups in OE be converted to DL's in Outlook, but only if you import your Contacts directly from Outlook.

Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.