Outlook allways on top

• Thread starter WorkerBee09
  • Start date Views 631
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WorkerBee09

One of my users recently did something strange which I have not seen.

User does not have admin access to desktop, Outlook 2007 with all latest SP, Somehow the user was able to set the outlook app to allways be on top and when trying to open a messages it stays behind the outlook app. The saving grace at this point is that there are three monitors that will allow me to have her open the file in a second or third monitor but I need to reset the app so that all the rest of the apps will not appear behind the outlook window. Excel and Word do the same thing behind Outlook when they are opened so its not specifice to Outlook.

I am thinking that the user did a windows shortcut key by mistake and set the current app to allways be on top of the primary window.

Any suggestions as to where to look for this would be greatfull.

Thanks

W

WorkerBee09

Just an FYI I checked the value of the Outlook "Load behavior" registry key found at

HKey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\

The key was set to DWord 3 and it should be set to 2

and in Windows 7 is located at

Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\office\outlook\Addins\AccessAddin.dc

Just in case others find this to be annoying it was definitely not recorded in anything else I have read.

R

Roady [MVP]

That registry key determines the load behavior of that specific add-in and has nothing to do with Outlook being shown always on top or not. If the add-in was at fault, then changing the load behavior could have been helpful in setting it to the correct state again ;-)

Does everything work as it should again for you now?

W

WorkerBee09

Yes, Everything is working like it should be. The user has no issues after changing the value.

N

Niranjan I K

Thank you for providing the solution, it will help most of the community users.

Status
Not open for further replies.