Disappointed that many sad face bugs where not addressed in RTM...

• Thread starter Fred Lobmeyer
  • Start date Views 820
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fred Lobmeyer

I am using Outlook 2010 RTM 915.0.4760.1000 (32bit) on Windows 7. I am very disappointed that many of the bugs from the Beta were not addressed in the RTM version.

Specifically I don't know why I get the pop up about too many windows in Outlook are open and this is set by the administrator. In most of the cases I only have two or three windows open in Outlook. Once this message comes up the only choice you have is to close Outlook completely because it enters a code path that there is no escape from. Closing Outlook windows does NOT fix the problem.

Another pet peeve is why did you take away Right Mouse Click Options? As an administrator I look at mail headers to determine if there is a problem with mail delivery. Now the only way to get this functionality back is to chase through all the Quick Access Toolbar commands and look for "Message Options..." All this to see mail headers. Couldn't you just give us a button for mail headers?

Did we send in the sad faces for no reason?

F

Fred Lobmeyer

I did add it to QAT. The problem was having to hunt for it and I don't believe it should have been removed from the right click and the ribbon. The issue is also having help desk people have all users add this into QAT when they have issues with email delivery.

I am running Exchange 2003 because a legacy app that we are trying to retire.

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

You can also open the message in question and go to File | Properties to see the headers.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

I did add it to QAT. The problem was having to hunt for it and I don't believe it should have been removed from the right click and the ribbon. The issue is also having help desk people have all users add this into QAT when they have issues with email delivery.

I am running Exchange 2003 because a legacy app that we are trying to retire.

Do the users really need to give the headers to support that frequently that opening the message and going to File, Properties is going to be a hardship? Those that do use it often will appreciate it on the QAT. It can even be accessed using Alt+number keys.

I'm pretty sure the window error is not from Exchange... are you sure its refering to Outlook windows? Are you using the Flip3D feature? That will complain about too many windows.

F

Fred Lobmeyer

I appreciate you telling me where this was hiding. I just don't know why they would have removed it from the right click. Is it the end of the world no. It is one of those features that you use to diagnose problems. I agree most users don't know about mail headers or care.

You other suggestion means opening the Message Window. I guess I am a dinasour but I use the preview pane because it is much faster to get through emails rather than opening all messages individually. It just isn't useful.

As for the Errors about too many windows this happens specifically in the Outlook application and does not affect other applications. I do NOT use Flip3D. I had to just look up the command to see what would happen.

Fred

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

You other suggestion means opening the Message Window. I guess I am a dinosaur but I use the preview pane because it is much faster to get through emails rather than opening all messages individually. It just isn't useful.

Not a dinosaur - i wish more used preview. It's faster and slightly more secure. We got one concession from the beta group on the message options - they made it available in the main outlook window. In an early beta you had to open the message - now it can go on the main window's qat and you can use the QAT shortcuts to open it. If they would just make the window bigger. :)

As for the Errors about too many windows this happens specifically in the Outlook application and does not affect other applications. I do NOT use Flip3D. I had to just look up the command to see what would happen.

What does the full message say? Some dialogs can be copied- click in it and press ctrl+c then try pasting here. Can you repro the problem at will? Does it come up when a specific window is open?

Status
Not open for further replies.