"Cannot save the attachment" error from Outlook 2007. File IS written, but, with Zero bytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark_FR

A number of people in the same office, having the same problem. They all have Office 2007. They open an attachment, or right-click on the attachment, and get the error. Then, they have looked at where they were saving the file, and find a Zero byte file. This just started around the time that McAfee sent the bad definition file. They had thought it had something to do with that. I told them, if the McAfee problem would have affected them, it would have been trouble getting on their computer, not just saving an attachment.

I even checked whether it was the Outlook Temporary Folder 99 plus, file problem (on one of the pcs). I found the Hidden Temporary folder. There were Alot of files there, but none beyond 4 (on the count). Got rid of them anyway. Still same problem.

Just looking thru the e-mail again. Seems to be the problem when they are saving to a Network drive, but, when they save to the local C, it seems to be ok. They have the same Network access they had before, unless, maybe a recent MS Patch has changed something?

S

Sachin Shetty

You may have to check with the Network Administrator and see if there are any issues with the network drive.

M

Mark_FR

Hello Sachin. I AM one of the Network Admins.. Trying to remember how this was fixed.

Sorry about the Long time for a reply. I DID have " Alert me when someone responds to this post" set, but NEVER got anything, so, didn't know there was an answer.

Do you know if the 99 file problem in Outlook's Temporary File folder will EVER be fixed (or changed)? Seems to be there in Ms-Office 2010 also. How many versions of Ms-office has it been an unknown " Feature" ?

Mark R

R

Roady [MVP]

Do you know if the 99 file problem in Outlook's Temporary File folder will EVER be fixed (or changed)? Seems to be there in Ms-Office 2010 also. How many versions of Ms-office has it been an unknown " Feature" ?That has already been fixed several updates/hotfixes ago ;-)

After installing it, Outlook will simply empty the entire OutlookTemp folder each time when it is closed.

Robert Sparnaaij

M

Mark_FR

Which update, or hotfix was this?? Didn't see it.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
O Cannot open or save calendar items Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2010: Cannot save forms templates to folder list Using Outlook 4
R Error message "Cannot save free/busy information" when changing or deleting appointments in Outlook. Using Outlook 4
L Cannot save as excel 2007 Using Outlook 1
C Could not save item. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your admini Using Outlook 4
D Cannot Save Assigned Access Rights To Delegates for Allowing Another User To Manage the Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 2
P Cannot Save Digital Signature Using Outlook 1
P Cannot save new Outlook 2007 message as a Word template to share Building Blocks/Quick Parts Using Outlook 2
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
S Outlook.com cannot edit some contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
B Search: Cannot find which Folder Contains a Message Using Outlook 3
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0
S Appointment-Cannot set Categories because ConversationID is not set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Cannot post "Sneaky URL"!! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Commodore Search cannot complete the indexing of your Outlook data Using Outlook 6
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
A Cannot Figure Out This VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Cannot Figure Out One Thing on VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Brian Murphy Exchange Online Everything a Transport Rule should do and cannot Exchange Server Administration 1
A Error: The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
K Other Shared Calendar on Outlook cannot change items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
T Outlook 2016 cannot connect after transition to Outlook Mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
Diane Poremsky The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Cannot access outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2016 mp3 attach "this file cannot be preview because there is no previewer installed for it" Using Outlook 1