Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

royver

This message is generated when I try to send an email from a link on a website. I use IE8

B

Brian Tillman

In order to use a mailto link on a web site, you must have a mail client installed. If you use a web browser to access your mail, you probably don't have a mail client. Some mail providers (Yahoo, for example), offer a toolbar that plugs into the web browser and can emulate a mai lclient so that you can click the mailto links.

R

royver

I am not sure what a " mail client" is ... I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to handle my email. Is it considered an email client? I am reluctant to add programs to my computer. Maybe it comes from 25 years of software incompatability problems, so if I have to add a program to overcome this problem, I would prefer that it be a Micrsoft product. And if I add a " mail client" program, will it interfere with my use of Microsoft Office Outlook?

B

BriDev

This is a lazy response if you ask me. The link you give is for the Windows ME and Windows 98 Era. C'mon!

T

the default mail client is not properly installed

Ganesh,

I did this, but I don't see at URL:MailTo Protocol under FileTypes, in the (none) section.

I have 2003 XP. I actully installed 2010 as a trial version, didn't like it and deleted it. The next day I had this problem. What happend and how can i correct it.

thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.