How do I delay sending email message?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mertoman

Hello, I want to have Outlook 2003 send a particular message to one recipient while I'm out of the office next week. Can I do this without an Exchange server? I use POP mail, XP Pro and Panda's Cloudantivirus. . Can you help? Thanks - John

B

Ben M. Schorr [MVP]

Use the Do Not Deliver Before option. Create the message, click the Options tab on the message and set Do Not Deliver Before to your desired date/time. *IMPORTANT* Outlook will have to be running and logged in at the time in order to send the message - that's a little problematic if you're going to be be away, since you have to leave your machine on and logged in. My advice: Lock the console (CTRL+ALT+DEL | Lock Workstation)

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Hope you trying to setup "Out of Office assistant" in Outlook. Follow the steps provided in the link below to emulate "Out of Office assistant" within Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107

Note: You may to leave Outlook on and moreover as suggested by Ben use "CTRL+ALT+DEL" to lock the workstation. This would work for all the emails that are received.

M

Mertoman

Hi Ben, I tried doing what you said. Do I have to have an Exchange server to do that? I use hosted POP mail. Anyway, other messages left my Outbox, but, my delay send test message is still there after the delivery time past. Can you help?

Hi Somasundaram Pandiaraj, I am using POP mail. I would need an Exchange server to use the "Out of Office Assistant", right?

S

Sachin Shetty

Out of Office Assistant is a feature available only for Exchange accounts in Outlook; however you may emulate the settings for the same feature in POP account using Outlook. To know how to configure Out of Office Assistant for POP account in Outlook click here.

Note: Outlook must be kept open for this feature to work.

M

Mertoman

Hi , thank you for the information. I'm not sure how we got off subject. What I want to find out is how to delay sending a message in Outlook configured as a POP mail client without an Exchange server.

Status
Not open for further replies.