how do i get outlook to send message right away

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tangerine3

i just recently got a laptop with windows 7. I now have to use outlook that is new to me. I use to use outlook express. How can i get outlook to send a message instantly when i hit the send button. Now it is putting my message in the Outbox when I hit send and then I have to go to Send All for it to send it out.

Would also like some suggestions on using Outlook vs. Windows Mail or if Outlook Express can be downloaded and used with Windows 7. I am a home user and only use email programs for basic functions. Thank you.

R

Russ Valentine

Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Send/Receive. Check the box to Send immediately when connected.

You cannot use Outlook Express with Windows 7. If you have questions about Outlook, ask them here and they will be answered. If you have questions about Windows Live Mail, ask them in a group that supports it. Few people would ever use both programs extensively enough to provide a meaningful comparison for you. Each has different features and only you know wheich features you want and need. We don't.

Russ Valentine

T

tangerine3

thank you i will do that i am there now. But will that also receive emails immediately when I open Outlook? That is something I don't want. When I use my laptop that has Outlook on it I don't want to automatically receive my emails. I just want to send not receive.

R

Russ Valentine

Automatic polling will not occur unless you set up and Automatic Send/Receive Interval for the account.Russ Valentine

R

rjw1946

I have done that and have set that it checks for emails every 1 minute. Outlook still does not automaticly receives messages when I open outlook, and when I write an email, and hit send, it goes right to my inbox. To send or receive, I have to hit the send/receive button. I share this computer with my husband and his outlook works fine. Again, I have checked the box to automaticly send/receive and set it to check for messages every 1 minute.

Any suggestions?

thank you.

C

CompFun

I would also like an answer to the question "how do I get Outlook to send my message when I hit send?" We have a relatively new computer running windows 7 and Outlook 2010; my outlook works perfectly, my husbands email - however- goes to his outbox and sits until either he does a manual send/receive or the automatic send/receive takes it.

How can he get his email to go when he hits send? I don't see that part of the question addressed. We were excited to find this site and this question as no other searches brought us to anything close.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2010 hangs during message send/receive Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 Error sharing Calendar: Error while preparing to send sharing message Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Outlook 2007 Failure to Send Message<=Sending reported Error 0x80040201 Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2010 : Error while preparing to send sharing message Exchange Server Administration 8
W Send Text Message SMS to Global Address Book Recipient Through Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2007 - cannot send email "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of th Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2007 - Error Message on send Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2007 stopped receiving messages, but will still send a message Using Outlook 2
V Incoming message too large to receive in Outlook 2007 - how to delete it so both send/receive again Using Outlook 2
L how to repair missing send box in a forwarded message in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 Client crashes on new message, reply, forward, send as attachment Using Outlook 3
P When I try to send an email through outlook it has an error message, it says enter network password Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2003 - can't send emails. Get this message from Norton Internet Security "was unable to be Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 crashes when I select new message, reply, forward or send as attachment Using Outlook 3
C How do I disable Outlook warning dialogue box "A Program is trying to send an e-mail message on your Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2007 Can't send messages and get each time i send message a - NDR Messages form Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook gets an error message when send an attachment Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2007 won't send message with email address that is not in my address book. Using Outlook 2
W When you send an e-mail message from a shared mailbox in Outlook 2010, the sent message is not saved Using Outlook 3
H Outlook tries to send message from two accounts. I get an error message because second account is not activated to send when travelling Using Outlook 1
J Error message Outlook express Email - cannot create or send email but can receive? Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2010 - Once I send an email message it will will sit in the Outbox for several hours before 'magically' be sent and then appear in t Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2003 in Windows 7 will not send and receive: Message "object cannot be found" Using Outlook 4
S Can't send website links; can receive them, but message gets refused '554 Message Refused' undeliverable. (outlook 2007) Using Outlook 1
D unable to send e mail in outlook message stuck in sent file Using Outlook 1
U File/Send To/Mail Recipient - can't minimize Outlook Message window Using Outlook 1
R I am getting the Outlook error message 0x8DE00006 when trying to send. Using Outlook 1
C How do I get Outlook to send my message when I hit send? Using Outlook 3
S outlook will not send a message that is in the outbox Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007 can't send email; get message:__Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the aut Using Outlook 4
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
M Can't send email in outlook.com Using Outlook 9
R Can't send messages to groups in Outlook Using Outlook 2
soadfan Outlook won't send e-mail when offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
A Outlook - Send New 20 Attachments through Email Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook.com in Outlook 2016 Trys & Fails to Send on Behalf of Itself Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D send email from Excel using outlook template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E How to send automatic emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
P Send mails by Gmail not shown in outlook Using Outlook 5
C Unchecking "Send immediately when connected" does not work on apps that call Outlook Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Configuring a Manual Send and Receive in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Can't send email through connected account (outlook.live.com) - goes to Drafts folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Tim King Send mail from MSWord through Outlook Using Outlook 3
RalphG101 No indication of attachment, when selecting file, send to outlook. Using Outlook 0
N VBA Script to Send Automatic Emails from Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1