How do I get Outlook 2003 with the Connector 14.0.476.1000 to show New Mail Alert and BCC tab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not You2

I had them showing up a few weeks ago then had to uninstall/re-install. Now I'm back to the stone ages. Outlook seemed to be acting as if it were connected to an exchange server but it was only Hotmail

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Outlook connector configures your email account as an MAPI account. So, by default the desktop email alerts will not work for MAPI account.

To get the BCC field you can refer to steps mentioned under Method 3 in the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299804/en-us

N

Not You2

Somasudaram,

Thanks for the Bcc answer but I'm still confused a bit by the IMAP thing. A few weeks ago I had to re-install windows (after too many viruses:() When I loaded Outlook and the Connector I was getting the desktop alert. But unfortunately I could not sync my blackberry to outlook so I unistalled Office and re-installed. Outlook would not open so I created another profile on XP to get it to work. Which it did but now no more desktop alert (which I did without for 7 years at home but really liked at work and for that brief week it worked at home I really liked). Why do you think the desktop alert worked before I uninstalled and created the new profile?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Outlook connector configures your email account as an IMAP account. So, by default the desktop email alerts will not work for IMAP account.

To get the BCC field you can refer to steps mentioned under Method 3 in the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299804/en-us

The connector creates a MAPI account. And the new message alert works for it as i get them.

B

Brian Tillman

The Outlook Connector _does_ act in a fashion similar to Exchange. It does NOT create an IMAP account as someone else said. And I receive new message alerts using that same Connector. There is no Bcc "tab" in Outlook 2003. If you want to see the Bcc field, open a new message window, click View, and check "Bcc Field".

N

Not You2

So I have Outlook 2003 version 11.8313.8221 with SP3 loaded right now. Is that the most recent version of Outlook 2003 and can I still update it through microsoft? I cant remember how to get my attachments to go under the subject line instead of in the body of the message I'm sending (like it did back in 2003...)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
So I have Outlook 2003 version 11.8313.8221 with SP3 loaded right now. Is that the most recent version of Outlook 2003 and can I still update it through microsoft? I cant remember how to get my attachments to go under the subject line instead of in the body of the message I'm sending (like it did back in 2003...)

The attachment location is RTF formatting = in the message text while html and plain text = under thesubject line.

Go to help, check from updates - if there are any, itshould find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.