Re: Duplicate emails sent to Blackberry when replying or forwarding to original message

Brian Tillman

That's why, then. You see one message coming from the sync with Outlook and the other from the mailbox when the Blackberry connects to it. Don't do both. Either connect directly with the mailbox or sync with Outlook. Don't do both.

D

Denise

Okay, I was wrong. It is not using the sync, we do not have a Blackberry Server, so it is only set up from the mailbox. Also, it only sends duplicates when the message is forwarded or replyed to. It does not send the response, just a copy of the original message.

J

JoseRamon

I also have same problem. Doing some research, the cause of this behavior is that when you reply, forward or search an old email in MS-Outlook, Exchange/Outlook CHANGE the original Message Ref ID, so blackberry IMAP connection take it as a new email.

I expect any Exchange expert could help us with this.

Regards,

Jose Ramon

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

I also have same problem. Doing some research, the cause of this behavior is that when you reply, forward or search an old email in MS-Outlook, Exchange/Outlook CHANGE the original Message Ref ID, so blackberry IMAP connection take it as a new email.

I expect any Exchange expert could help us with this.

That makes sense - it should only happen with imap accounts, not exchange though.