Organizing Emails using Outtlook 2007

• Thread starter John.isaac
  • Start date Views 610
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John.isaac

I would like to use create rules to have Outlook 2007 automatically move incoming emails to specific folders, but only after I have read them. Also to move sent emails automatically to specific folders

G

Graham Mayor [MVP]

You can't do the first part - however a simple workaround is to list your specific folders on the 'Outlook Today' page (Customize Outlook Today > Choose Folders), create rules to move the messages to those folders on arrival and you will be able to see at a glance which has unread messages. Include Inbox for those message that do not meet your rules.

You can do the second part by setting a rule to perform an action after you have sent a message to move it to a preferred folder.

--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP
www.gmayor.com
Posted via the Communities Bridge
http://communitybridge.code plex.com/
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>

<John.isaac> wrote in message news:3003f253-7b29-4f87-982d-ff7ae56ef916@communitybridge.codeplex .com...

I would like to use create rules to have Outlook 2007 automatically move incoming emails to specific folders, but only after I have read them. Also to move sent emails automatically to specific foldersGraham Mayor - Word MVP - www.gmayor.com

J

John.isaac

Thank you. I tried your workaround & it does work. However, the rule does not run automatically, not even on startup. What step am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.