Outlook 2007 inbox repair tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter21

Sorry, but I am unable to find the scanpst.exe file in Program files/Microsoft Office 12. I just see the back of an envelop with kind of a lightning in the middle. It says only scanpst without any addition.fire1946@hotmail.com

P

Peter21

I have finally managed the repair. Unfortunately, you did not state the correct file to repair. In my case it was: C:\Documents and Settings\My own name\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst. This file showed up when I tried to open Outlook 2007. I think you should amend your insructions accordingly.

Thanks,

Peter

fire1946@hotmail.com

R

retsod44

I seem to have the same problem as you. Outlook directs me to go to the inbox repair tool, but I cannot find it. Can U help?

P

Peter21

The main problem was to find the file to scan after you have found scanpst.exe This showed up when Outlook told me what the problem was..write this down as this is the file you want to scan and repair. If you are using Windows XP go to disk drive:\Documents and Settings\username\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497...this states in detail how to repair. much luck to you.

Peter

G

Guruprasad Ra

You can also follow the steps below to locate Scan PST tool.

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run copy and paste the following command line and press Enter.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Scanpst.exe

J

JillEsh

I've tried all of these without success, keep getting the there is no such file. Outlook 2007 keeps not responding so need to do something quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2007 IMAP "Inbox" not receiving new emails. Using Outlook 2
T Using Outlook 2007 with Comcast (.pst inbox issue) Using Outlook 1
R IMAP & Outlook 2007: incoming messages still going to old Inbox. Using Outlook 3
A In Outlook 2007, need to see the replied/responded date in Inbox view Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 2007 not automatically receiving emails into the inbox Using Outlook 3
Z Need Help Outlook 2007 inbox and address book view Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003/2007 IMAP emails dont show in inbox Using Outlook 0
P mails in my inbox of outlook 2007 tend to go missing after I read them Using Outlook 14
R Outlook 2007 attachments create multiple copies in the inbox Using Outlook 3
G OUTLOOK 2007 UNABLE TO RECEIVE EMAILS CAN'T RUN INBOX REPAIR TOOL AND ERROR (OX8E0CCC18) Using Outlook 2
K darken inbox grid lines in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
O OUTLOOK 2007: How do I keep email messages I am opening from jumping to the top of my inbox? Using Outlook 2
J Creating a unique Inbox for a POP3 account within Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2007 unable to view new/unread emails in Inbox, but OWA 2007 have not issue displaying/listi Using Outlook 6
T Outlook 2007 crashes moving emails from inbox Using Outlook 1
A inbox missing in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007/iMap - Sent messages appear in inbox. Using Outlook 4
C Disappearing email in Inbox of Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
1 What is the meaning of this icon next to some messages in my outlook 2007 inbox? Cannot find any inf Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Inbox Field Headers (From/Subject/received) cannot be set individually from Sent Items Using Outlook 2
J outlook 2007 junk email - opened junk email dissapears when dragged to inbox. 'Marked as not junk' did not resolve problem__ Using Outlook 2
M Partial inbox download using Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
P Impossible to open my Inbox in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
W unable to import 2007 contacts email, inbox to 2010 outlook programs Using Outlook 1
B The third column after the inbox on my outlook 2007 is not showing the highlighted email Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 IMAP replies appearing in 'inbox' Using Outlook 2
E Re: Outlook 2007 'updating inbox' issue Using Outlook 2
H Displaying new(today's) emails in Inbox following conversion from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2007 'updating inbox' issue Using Outlook 0
C Help setting up Email Accounts in Outlook 2007 with all folders (inbox, sent, junk mail, deleted items). Using Outlook 1
P Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2007 clients inbox dissapears Using Outlook 2
J Items received do not appear in Inbox until Outlook 2007 is restarted Using Outlook 3
H Have latest Outlook Connector. Not synchronizing into Outlook 2007 Inbox. Using Outlook 4
W MS Outlook 2007: Messages in InBox disapper but are there when I search 'All Mail Items'. Using Outlook 3
D Share Outlook 2007 inbox between two Windows 7 64 bit accounts Using Outlook 6
S outlook 2007 inbox main folder disappeared subfolders intact Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2007 'Move To Folders missing from Inbox Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2003/2007 Rule and Conditions for InBox VBA customization Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1