Lines at left of e-mail messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CantMiss11

I have extra lines, sometimes 3,4 or 5 at the left of e-mails that I receive. They take up extra space, look bad if I want to print an e-mail. How do I delete them? How do they get there? Why does someone put them there?

Thanks

B

Brian Tillman

Do you mean that you see one or more colored vertical lines along the left side of the message? This means that you've received a reply or forward from someone else and they included one or more messages in the one they sent to you. It's perfectly normal. Try being more precise in your description and if what I describe is not the situation, perhaps we can figure it out.
----------------------------

C

CantMiss11

Most of them are blue. Sometimes there are 4,5,6 or more and the message is scunched up. I would like to forward to myself, after taking all the lines out and then print hte e-mails. Most have pictures and mesages. I can make changes on everyhting, but the lines.

Thanks for the help.

B

Brian Tillman

Those lines get added each time someone replies to or forwards a message. I don't know of any good way to strip them other than to reformat the message as Plain Text. You can configure Outlook to not add them, but you can't control the mail client of the other people who contributed to the replies or forwards.
----------------------------

D

DavidReed

So how do you configure Outlook? I've had a look at the various options etc and can't find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
M Breaking lines, expected end of statement Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Delete lines in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N Grid Lines Not Displaying - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
J How to get "new lines" (line breaks) in posts here Using Outlook 11
L Caption Lines Using Outlook 1
S renaming several subject lines at one time Using Outlook 1
P Batch adding text to email subject lines in Outlook Using Outlook 24
M lines and dots in list pane Exchange Server Administration 1
L How to remove blank lines, globally, from outgoing e-mail Using Outlook 2
A Certain e-mails received from Verizon Blackberry devices are missing lines Using Outlook 1
K darken inbox grid lines in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
E Problem with In bound e-mails. Subject and From lines are blank and messages are either blank or in text that is hard to read. Using Outlook 1
T How can I remove message indent lines? Using Outlook 23
T How can I remove message indent lines? Using Outlook 6
G When printing a copy of an email the printer almost greys out some of the lines. This fault does not occur with any other programme. Using Outlook 2
J Inserting signature includes 2 blank lines below signature Using Outlook 1
B Calendar Printing only prints two lines Using Outlook 3
V I can't type outgoing mssg. in body. Color is blue. I can send and receive only to.. and subject: lines. I receive emails and attachments OK. Using Outlook 1
D Three extra lines at bottom of print in week view Using Outlook 1
S Preventing blank subject lines Using Outlook 5
M how do get previously used email addresses to auto-complete within the address lines Using Outlook 4
M Template modification: >3 lines/day Calendar Printing Assistant 1
E How do I import two lines in the address for Outlook? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R How to create button in multiple lines? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
U Printing calendar weeks without three lines for tasks under each d Calendar Printing Assistant 2
Jennifer Murphy Equations don't comply with style setting to left justify Using Outlook 0
N Wishlist Opening Outlook where we left off Outlook Wishlist 0
J Outlook 2010 seems to hang when left inactive for a while Using Outlook 1
B Saved emails in folders I created on left of screen are being erased as I open each folder Using Outlook 0
H Other peoples calendars going on the left Using Outlook 1
J CPA cuts off left edge of printed Calendar. Ex. January the J is cut off. Calendar Printing Assistant 11
B want to change the calendar format so that it goes from left to right Sunday - Saturday instead of monday - sunday Using Outlook 2
P Closed a PST file or folder in the left hand pane and don't know how to get it back... Using Outlook 5
D Signature with left aligned image and hyperlinks Using Outlook 2
V After Mailbox move a disconnected Mailbox is left behind in the old Database Exchange Server Administration 4
N When closing Outlook I see two icons on lower rt side and one on lower left side. Using Outlook 2
M DL lost alpha, changed based on icons on left side of name,need to return to alpha. What do icons mean? Using Outlook 1
Q Creating Mail Folders on Left side of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Left margin adjustment on mail printouts. In office 2003 SP3 and Ms XP Using Outlook 1
J Calendar list information disappears on left-hand pane Using Outlook 2
J outlook 2007 hangs on send/receive on intial start up with 5 seconds left Using Outlook 7
D What is that blue two-way arrowed icon in my outlook left pane? Using Outlook 10
D stop mail being left on server Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 open links on left click and right click in messages not working Using Outlook 12
F Outlook process left after closing BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R Text centered (not left-aligned) in CommandBarPopup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Text centered in CommandBarPopup (not left-aligned) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010 Opening Mail Attachment Using Outlook 2