Outlook 2010 auto-forward deletes message text from forwarded email

• Thread starter Bert Barker
  • Start date Views 1,971
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bert Barker

I use an Outlook rule to auto-forward certain incoming emails to another person. When I upgraded Outlook 2007 to 2010, the rule was migrated and emails continue to be forwarded, but forwarded emails consist of only the 4 header lines (" From:" , " Sent:" , " To:" , and " Subject:" ). The message text is missing.

Options are unchanged from Outlook 2007, i.e.:

File>Options>Mail>Replies and forwards: " Include original message text"

File>Options>Mail>Compose messages: " HTML"

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Bert.

Best regards, Bert

N

Niyamath Khan

You may delete the rule and try re-creating the same rule and check if it works

B

Bert Barker

Thanks for your suggestion, but I had already tried deleting and re-creating the rule. It made no difference.

To summarize: If I manually forward an email, everything works fine -- the message text and any attachments remain in the forwarded email. If I auto-forward an email, however, the message text and any attachments are deleted from the forwarded email. The forwarded email consists of only the header lines from the original email, as so: (x's replace actual data)

-----Original Message---

Sent: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I appreciate your suggestion though. I've tried everything I can think of and have finally run out of ideas. Bert

Best regards, Bert

B

Bert Barker

Thanks for the suggestion. I created a new profile, but it made no difference. Any more suggestions?

Regards,

Bert

Best regards, Bert

B

BBarker2

I have two PCs running Outlook 2010 with Windows 7, one at my office and one at home. Both PCs have this exact same problem. Both problems started when I upgraded to Outlook 2010. I have changed every option I can find and have re-created the profile several times. Nothing has made any difference. It appears to me that this problem (when IMAP email is auto-forwarded, the message text is deleted from the email) to be a bug in Outlook 2010. Does anyone know how I can submit a bug report to Microsoft, and get them to look at it?

Thanks very much.

R

Relative Ray

This is not at all a bug as it works absolutely fine on my three computers which has Outlook 2010 and Windows 7.

Edit the rule and and the window(3rd window when you click next > next) which reads 'are there any exceptions' verify if you have checked any exceptions.........

R

robs1919

I am at my wits end with this problem. I have double-checked every setting, all upgrades are in place. I'm running Windows 7 and Office 2010. Email is IMAP. AV = Sophos, I've tried running with AV/firewall off, still no success.

HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.