how to email word 2003 document thru outlook 2003 without having the email sitting in the outlook outbox there?? I want the email to be sent out direc

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roland_axp

how to email word 2003 document thru outlook 2003 without having the email sitting in the outlook outbox there?? I want the email to be sent out directly..........

I do not have this problem if I use outlook express. The email will be sent out thru outlook express without clicking the send/receive button. please help me how to solve this issue in word 2003 & outlook 2003. I knew that we can set execute send/receive every 5 or 10 minutes in outlook 2003 but what will happen if we never open the outlook 2003 program at all as we only open word 2003 to type document & send out email with this document(everything done in word 2003 only therefore never bother to open the outlook 2003 again........u got what I mean???? S.O.S. urgent....

I am using windows XP & office 2003

G

GordonBP

how to email word 2003 document thru outlook 2003 without having the email sitting in the outlook outbox there?? I want the email to be sent out directly..........

I do not have this problem if I use outlook express. The email will be sent out thru outlook express without clicking the send/receive button. please help me how to solve this issue in word 2003 & outlook 2003. I knew that we can set execute send/receive every 5 or 10 minutes in outlook 2003 but what will happen if we never open the outlook 2003 program at all as we only open word 2003 to type document & send out email with this document(everything done in word 2003 only therefore never bother to open the outlook 2003 again........u got what I mean???? S.O.S. urgent....

I am using windows XP & office 2003

Outlook will not send mail unless it's running. Neither will ANY email client AFAIK.....If you find my response helpful, please click on the "Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you! My Blog

Y

Yves Dhondt

I asked that same question several years ago, and apparently, if Outlook isn't open, it can't send the email. It just remains in your outbox. This is indeed different from the Outlook Express behaviour (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-803369.php)

Anyway, you should ask this question in the Outlook forums (http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeoutlook) as the behaviour you describe is with all tools which interact with Outlook and not specifically related to Word (which this forum is). For example, if you have WinZip there is a "zip and mail" feature which will also drop the mail in your outbox without sending it directly.

S

Sue Fields

I currently have Microsoft Word 2003. I have in the past sent out documents by email. Lately, after I type the document, then under "file" I "send to mail recepient", then there is not a "send" button to actually send the document. Could use some help!

R

Russ Valentine

And we could use some information. What is your default email client and how is it configured? Is it running when you use the Send to Mail Recipinet command?Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Cannot email an open Excel or Word document using Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
Diane Poremsky Use Word Macro to Apply Formatting to Email New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
M Unable to email from Word or Excel Using Outlook 11
A Application_ItemSend not accessed when sending email outside outlook (i.e. word or send to mail from Using Outlook 7
O Copy email content and paste into new Word Document using a different font Using Outlook 1
O Choosing Sending Email Address from Word Using Outlook 5
R Using Word/OL 2010 to generate personalized email messages Using Outlook 1
S send email attachment from word, message stripped out Using Outlook 1
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
G No word wrap in HTML email. Using Outlook 8
A Can I turn off Word as the email editor in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
F Mail merge in Word/Outlook 2010 using multiple email accounts in Outlook Using Outlook 2
T Using A Rule To Forward An Email Containing Specific Word Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 2002 RTF Email Opens in Word 2010 Using Outlook 3
R how to get email editor to use normal.dot template, ie same as what word is using Using Outlook 1
L After Windows Update, email will not work out of WORD. It worked fine before update. Using Outlook 1
O Word documents open slowly when opening from email Using Outlook 4
J I have just installed office 2007 on my pc....now when I want to send an email and hit the spell check on the bar it highlights just about every word Using Outlook 1
S Files from Excel and Word sent to email not showing in outlook sent files Using Outlook 2
J email will not send from word, excel, adobe, until outlook is opened Using Outlook 1
D sending email from Outlook and WORD closing Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2007 Errors-Out/Restarts Trying to Print an Email with MS-Word Mark-Up Area Using Outlook 1
J When I send a pdf file to outlook it goes to the junk email and then I cannot open PDF because it converts to a word document. I have acrobat on my co Using Outlook 3
T When I scan a document to Word (some multipage docs) then try to email the document as an attachment, the email never leaves my Outbox. Using Outlook 2
J How can I create a rule in Outlook 2010 so that all mail where the sender's name (not email id but name) has a certain word in it? Using Outlook 1
B can't email a file (pdf, word, publisher) becasue the email program won't start Using Outlook 2
T Excel email attachments are opening as Word Documents Using Outlook 0
K when i send one email with attachments whether it's excel,word or pps, the recipent ended up receiving few tenth of mail from me & all the mails a Using Outlook 0
N Why can't I chose Word as email editor in the Options area? Using Outlook 5
T VBA for using Word Doc as Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Re: Auto Print email and word attachments on send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Send email to outlook web access from word Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The non-email functions Using Outlook 8